Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Prius with 182000 miles

lipso

Hi

considering going to view an 08 Prius which has 182000 miles. It’s in vgc but I’m wondering if hybrid Battery is okay at this high mileage ?

Hopefully a test drive and viewing the trip mpg chart should highlight a tired Battery. Seeing the mpg increase as the Battery is sufficiently charged and as the Battery requires charging, the mpg drops. A useable battery would longer time with high mpg compared to low.
When the car is stationary when turned on, the engine will run for no more than 10 minutes while it charges to a minimum for driving.

That is how I understand the way the system works with a good battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on what you intend to use the car for of course, but for me buying a car at that mileage would be a bit of a head-scratcher. Other items will start to show signs of wear at that mileage apart from the hybrid Battery. Could you get a friendly Toyota dealer to give it a once over for you (for a price no doubt!) before you commit to buying?

Is it a private buy or from any sort of dealer??

From a private owner you basically standing alone after the purchase, with any sort of dealer you have plenty behind you to go back if their is a problem.

We still have 08 plate gen2 Prius and it is on 110000 miles at the moment, apart from scheduled maintenance (done by the same Toyota dealer), some tyres and brakes all around at 90K, nothing needed doing in the last 8 years we had it.
Still works perfectly. I would find out if it has the full dealer service history, as it will give the hybrid Battery check report or you can call the dealer’s service department and ask about the car. Also, the hybrid Battery cells can be changed individually. You can take the car to Toyota to do the hybrid Battery check, think it is around 60£

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links