Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Model IQ?

BobbyBoucher

I am just about to sell my 2015 Golf GTD. Simply not doing the miles these days so looking for a Toyota IQ (uk).

I've had a smart for 2 in 2014 so a small car is not a new thing for me. The IQ seems to offer a few more luxury items, such as Power steering and electric windows? 🙂

Automatic is my preference as I am old (47) and lazy.

Is there a particular  model/trim to aim for? Thanks in advance.

Hi.

You'll love the IQ. The one to go for in an ideal world would be the IQ3 that has the 1.33 engine however these are very rare especially in auto.

Your best bet is therefore the IQ2 in an auto as these are a lot more plentiful for sale. There are quite a few on auto trader at the moment with low miles. Mine has been really reliable. Go for one with FTSH.

The IQ2 comes with keyless locking, auto lights & wipers, climate control, electric windows, self dimming rear view mirror. Some things to consider on the IQ is that the interior light is shockingly bad and it doesn't have bluetooth.  This can be rectified by interior lighting upgrade by Tarquin on here and getting a Parrot MKI 9000 bluetooth fitted. 

Good luck in your search

48 minutes ago, en8wall69 said:

Hi.

You'll love the IQ. The one to go for in an ideal world would be the IQ3 that has the 1.33 engine however these are very rare especially in auto.

Your best bet is therefore the IQ2 in an auto as these are a lot more plentiful for sale. There are quite a few on auto trader at the moment with low miles. Mine has been really reliable. Go for one with FTSH.

The IQ2 comes with keyless locking, auto lights & wipers, climate control, electric windows, self dimming rear view mirror. Some things to consider on the IQ is that the interior light is shockingly bad and it doesn't have Bluetooth.  This can be rectified by interior lighting upgrade by Tarquin on here and getting a Parrot MKI 9000 Bluetooth fitted. 

Good luck in your search

Thanks for the reply. What is FTSH? Did you mean FSH as in full service history?

25 minutes ago, BobbyBoucher said:

What is FTSH?

Full Toyota service history.

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Full Toyota service history.

Ahhh lol. Thanks.

Stay away from Pearl White. Lots of issues with peeling paint on this particular colour.

26 minutes ago, dash said:

Stay away from Pearl White. Lots of issues with peeling paint on this particular colour.

Unless it has been resprayed under Toyota's goodwill - a Toyota dealer should be able to confirm from the car's service/warranty history.

Think the white flaky paint issue is only on cars up to 2011. I've got a 2014 white iq and no issues at all. 

My January 2011 Pear White iQ had no paint problems until Jan 2019 when I PX'd her.

35 minutes ago, Soeley said:

My January 2011 Pear White iQ had no paint problems until Jan 2019 when I PX'd her.

Please update your profile to show what you have now.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to all.

I get a IQ this sunday/monday 🙂

• Like 1

Hi, a good friend of mine has the 1.0 litre model 3 cylinder I believe) but I believe he wishes he had bought the 1.33 so this is the one I would advise if you can find one?

Good luck, Mike.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, Mike169 said:

Hi, a good friend of mine has the 1.0 litre model 3 cylinder I believe) but I believe he wishes he had bought the 1.33 so this is the one I would advise if you can find one?

Good luck, Mike.

I will be honest I did think of it but wanted to keep prices down and i also wanted auto.

Coming from a GTD 2.0 was something of a lack of power, but i did hit 90 at one point on the way home. Car seemed ok, slightly sensitive steering but 10x better than the old smart i had in 2014 🙂

On 7/26/2019 at 11:33 AM, en8wall69 said:

Great stuff. Any pictures?

Indeed:)

I'm 6'2 and fit fine. Not much adjustment on the seat. My back ached a little but i am sure i will get used to it.

toy2.jpg

toy3.jpg

toy4.png

I saw this one for sale on Auto Trader. Hope you enjoy it.