Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removal of sump

peter.ling24@gmail.com

Hi again,

it may be necessary to remove the sump on my 2005 2.2d.

are there any tips please or recommendations I can follow. I have the car on ramps with oil removed.

2/3 of the bolts are visible but the remainder are obscured by some shaped foam.

any help would be much appreciated please.

peter

Have a spare gasket handy, and some old carpet tiles can help prevent oily drips from messing your driveway or garage floor. Nothing practical about the Avensis sump in particular, though.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Your quite right it can be a messy job. However on my particular vehicle there is not a gasket between sump and engine. Just sealant/glue.

I am having one bit of trouble. There is 1 x10mm nut I cannot get too! Have ordered a crow's foot 10mm spanner to hopefully remove it. All other bolts and one nut are accessible when to gearbox mounting support is removed. Cars been out of action for a week now! Should have listened to the wife and had the garage do it!

I've learnt my lesson!

Regards

Peter.

Garage? Where's the fun in that?😁 I did find a good PDF on the fuel pump piping, I'll try to remember to send it to you. Can't remember the link to post it to your other thread, though.

Hi paul

thanks again for the PDF file. I’m sorry to say Paul, it’s been no fun! Rather have been in the caravan sunning myself in sunny Norfolk. Still, it’s all an experience. Getting to old for this sort of investigation and repair.

regards

peter

• 2 weeks later...

The foamy thing bolts on with a bolt on each side of the engine block, small metal brackets set into the foam. Can soak up quite a bit of oil.

Hi Kennycab,

Thanks for the information.

Sadly, my son towed the car back to my local Toyota for me.

Waiting now for the bad news.

Appreciate your reply.

Peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links