Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking brake warning

nicotoyota

Hi,

I have the warning "Check poarking brake system".

Somehow, when driving the car, I feel sometimes like if the motor had a very short drop of power and start again (really short but comes quite often).

I read some of the dicussions and some people seems to relate this to the EGR valve.

Can someone explain the link between the error displayed and the EGR valve?

Also, I would like some help on the troubleshooting and repair / clening to be done.

For info the car is from 2011, diesel.

Thanks

just used a error code reader, the error is P062D, anyone knows what this means?

You can just google the codes, in this case it looks to be injector on 1st cylinder, and seems to be corespondent to your symptoms. 

If your OBD-II vehicle has stored a code P062D, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a performance issue with the fuel injector driver circuit for engine bank one. Bank 1 denotes the bank of the engine which contains the number one cylinder.

• Like 1

It took me less than a minute to 'Google' P062D, and the fault is something to do with fuel injector - 

Just now, furtula said:

You can just google the codes, in this case it looks to be injector on 1st cylinder, and seems to be corespondent to your symptoms. 

If your OBD-II vehicle has stored a code P062D, it means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a performance issue with the fuel injector driver circuit for engine bank one. Bank 1 denotes the bank of the engine which contains the number one cylinder.

Beat me to it. 👍:thumbsup:

Now, this instruction is for the Auris, but since it's an engine issue, it does not really matter, you need to find your engine code first, and hope it's in the list.

If yes, you have nice instructions on replacing the injector, if you want to do it yourself.

https://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/auris_corolla_zze-zr-nde-ade/rm04f0e/index2.html

thanks to all for the help. but I am a bit confused: the car displays a park brake issue and the error code is linked to the injector.... I do not get the link. is there 2 issues?

i expected to find an error code fot the breake to be honest....

there are so many interconected systems/sensors that a fault on one can have knock-on effects onto others causing apparently unconnected warning lights/messages

• Like 1