Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare wheel cover on MK2 Aygo?

finallycruising

Having upgraded from a 2006 to 2016 Aygo, I was concerned about the lack of a spare wheel. I managed to get a genuine used Toyota kit off eBay at a good price, which is all fine. However, if you carry anything heavy in the middle of the boot (like a petrol can) it sinks into the well. The mark 1 Aygo has a plastic cover over the spare wheel well. Does anybody know if there's anything equivalent for the mark 2?

Thanks. Paul

On mine the boot has carpet which has sound deadening material and board attached to the underside, which seems to stop heavy items sinking into the wheel well. Also purchased the rubber boot mat when I ordered the car - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Aygo-Tailored-Pop-Boot-Liner-Anti-Slip-Surface-07-14-Present-/322018527756?hash=item4af9ccca0c

Haven't carried anything like a petrol can in the car for years, due to the safety issues.

Thanks for the quick response. I do have both the boot mat accessory and the original carpet with sound deadening and, it must said, fairly flimsy stiffening. I bought the boot mat in the hope it would be a bit more rigid. I have one of the Draper 5L steel petrol cans that look like a mini jerry can. This is secured in central position, directly above the gap at the rear of the spare wheel as it's the only place I can find to secure it with bungees, attached to what I presume are the child seat fixings on the rear of the back seats.

However, it sounds like there's nothing missing from my car and this is how it's intended to be. I guess I'll need to cut a piece of plywood to fit under the carpet if I want to make it firmer.

4 hours ago, finallycruising said:

piece of plywood to fit under the carpet

I've always kept a piece of marine ply under the boot carpet on all my cars, and an old blanket. You'll understand why next time you try to change a wheel on a grassy verge 😃

Luckily I've not had to, but I'll bear that in mind!