Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T sport temp gauge sits above half

Ben93

My 2002 t sport in the 2 months I've owned it has always sat just below the bar on gauge that's above the halfway mark. It never gets hotter wen still or when in lift. I can do Long journeys with lift and it stays there. I've spoke to a few people and some say it should be half others say it's normal and there's have always been there. Any advice coolant level doesn't drop heaters get nice and toasty etc. Car drives and sounds healthy engine wise. 

I remember my T Sport never had the pointer quite aligned with what would be the half way marking, always a fraction below. Owned the car from new for 8 years and it never varied at all.

https://picture.biltorvet.dk/article/c95bcb1031684e99a4e67d5d338a87e2.jpg?aid=399&width=1024&height=768&mode=crop&scale=both

• Thanks 1

I would not worry about it, the difference is not significant.

It could be that someone replaced the thermostat in the past, used a non OEM part, and that's why you have the difference now.

If it bothers you that much, a thermostat replacement should fix this.

So maybe change thermostat but no reason to panic. My t sport sits a bit higher than that photo the first guy posted I will post a photo of mine later. 

I drove our old T3 Corolla 4 door today and the gauge position on that was identical to the T Sport image I linked to. Its normal.

That's normal if it's just below the mid bar. If you have diagnostic software you'll see with the radiator fan on it can get to 91 C before settling back to 89.