Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Insurance

Starlet_SR_Daz

what am I supposed to do for 2 months ??

Is it possible to simply get a cover note for 2 months ?

because after that I would be in the land of cheaper insurance. People have said before it doesn't make much difference... but after being turned down today so many times because I'm not 25, I realise it actually does.

Having 0 NCB doesn't help tho !

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• KiwiMR2

• Debz

• midmotorsteve

Well mate, I think either you need to stick with your current insurer or take my plan, and go with one of the company'e who will sinsure you. Just grin and bear it for a few months, cancel it the month b4 your bday then a get a new one. Sorted :D

jim, whats the prob with dorset? (mr2dc)

they are faffing around about getting back to me. They sent me a form out to fill in all my mods. I posted it back a while back but they never received it.

I then got it sent by email. I filled it out and sent it back. I phoned them today and they said the person I need to speak to wasn't in today. How pap is that !!!

They will be in at 9am tomorrow tho.

mate they'll know you love the car, i guess they'll be ok, didn't bat an eyelid when i told them about tubby conversion said fine we'll upddate policy. no charge :)

why not get your parents insured on your car and u as a second named driver? it`ll only be for 2 months like u said, your ncb keeps for up to 2 yeatrs so wont lose them

I'm 75% sure they will continue to insure me. I already know it will be more than last year. But I doubt it will be anywhere near A.Fluxs expensive quote.

I'll update 9am tomorrow. I'll demand they sort it out asap as I can't drive the motor tomorrow unless I get insurance tomorrow.

As for someone who suggested taking out insurance then quiting after 2 months, is that possible ?

I obv couldn't do that with dorset, quit then re-join if you like. But if I was 25 now as opposed to 2 months the quote would make a difference. I take it the premium won't reduce when I hit 25 ? Simply when I renew next year ( when I'm 25 ).

why not get your parents insured on your car and u as a second named driver? it`ll only be for 2 months like u said, your ncb keeps for up to 2 yeatrs so wont lose them

that's quite a good idea ! But my parents are a bit stupid .. lol

they wouldn't do it, for some reason or other they would think it was bad. Although my step dad wants me to put him on my insurance... lol.

I'll see what they say depending on Dorset 2mw.

mate they'll know you love the car, i guess they'll be ok, didn't bat an eyelid when i told them about tubby conversion said fine we'll upddate policy. no charge :)

I'm quite impressed about this mate. Thought they would at least increase the premium !!

Dorset will not insure me due to the fact that the modifications on the car are more than half the value of the car.

What a blinking bummer !

A.Flux it is then !

Dorset will not insure me due to the fact that the modifications on the car are more than half the value of the car.

What a blinking bummer !

A.Flux it is then !

What happens if you just don't get it??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

If I don't get insurance ??

Erm...

#1 , it's illegal.

#2, If I was in an accident it wouldn't be very nice to find out that I have no insurance so I can't pay for the other persons vehicle.

What happens if you get caught with no insurance btw ??

If I don't get insurance ??

Erm...

#1 , it's illegal.

#2, If I was in an accident it wouldn't be very nice to find out that I have no insurance so I can't pay for the other persons vehicle.

How do they monitor it??

What happens if you get caught with no insurance btw ??

Nothing.....not a legal requirement here, however IF I hit someone.....say a BMW and it was MY fault then I'd be expected to pay for the damage & if I can't affore to then they can take me to court and I'd end up paying it off at $3.50 GBP's a week ;) Also the cop's would probably lay charges for careless or reckless or dangerous driving too.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal over declaring your mods just so thos insurance F*cks can rip you off even more (this country sucks B*lls)

Yes I will declare all visible mods..but who cares if you don't declare perfomance mods that can't be seen. Those halfwits who work for insurance companies don't know anythin about mods anyway so as soon as you say Oh i have this or that, they're like oooohhh that makes your car go like 100mph faster lets shove your premium up + the mugs they get to inspect your car when (IF) you have an accident know little about engines...so if you had an aftermarket turbo unless they're thorough they won't notice + engine internals. Say i have my car stroked to 2.2L ...how the hell are they gonna know without taking the engine apart...and another thing my mechanic says we keep all the old parts (turbo, fuel rail, injectors, manifold) then if i crash....get the car home and put the old stuff back in...job done.

I phoned tesco and im 26 with 0 no claims and they quote me 4000 on a tubby...i told her i liked to be kissed b4 im screwed and hung up...CRIMINALS

Listen im not tryin to say try this im just puttin that side across cos thats how i'll work it. Im not sayin its right and if you get caught out then tuff you'll be poor...but i won't let my hobby suffer and be out of pocket cos of these charlatans who call themsleves insurance brokers.

Sorry guys I'll get off my soapbox now but this is one more subject (after speed cameras, british road conditions etc) that gets me very wriled up

the mugs they get to inspect your car when (IF) you have an accident know little about engines...so if you had an aftermarket turbo unless they're thorough they won't notice + engine internals. Say i have my car stroked to 2.2L ...how the hell are they gonna know without taking the engine apart...and another thing my mechanic says we keep all the old parts (turbo, fuel rail, injectors, manifold) then if i crash....get the car home and put the old stuff back in...job done.

That's were it differs here...a LOT of our assessor's are often ex police detectives or ex mecanics, SOMETIMES you can get away with it but not often. Had a lot of people organising for there cars to get nicked and claiming so they would rarther spend 5K on a massive investigation to save a 20K payout on a fraudulant claim.

Stll.....insurance SUX!! I rember when we got our AE101 GT-Z...got insurance and they insisted on insuring it as a corolla which is was a part of the family BUT was super-charged...they didn't have that model and just had to note supercharged not that they new what it meant :rolleyes:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Sorry guys,

There seems to be a n advantage to being an old git after all :lol:

I declared nearly everything... I didn't hide things on purpose, just got bored of reeling them off !

I said I had a full bodykit + 17" wheels.

Flywheel

Clutch

Exhaust

UniChip

Uprated Actuator

Seats

Induction Kit

LSD

Stuff like leads etc I left off... I just got fed up of phoning all the companys reeling off all my mods !

BTW I am insured by Adrian Flux through Highway Insurance.

Ripp off merchants !! It's the price I've got to pay with 0 NCB and a heavily modded car !

*cough* £3K TPF&T !!!!!!!! *cough*

and I had to pay £900 of it today ?!?!? I am skint now... B******S !

Ripp off merchants !! It's the price I've got to pay with 0 NCB and a heavily modded car !

*cough*  £3K TPF&T !!!!!!!!  *cough*

and I had to pay £900 of it today ?!?!?  I am skint now... B******S !

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your a crazy :censor: mate paying that :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You have gotta love your motor to spent that kinda money to drive it :help::help:

I like your style mate :lol:

Insurance companies will stiff you as hard as they can. They will do ANYTHING to avoid paying if you make a serious claim. Don't ever think you'll get away with it - You Won't. I don't think most people are too bothered about paying up for little prangs to keep their NCB, the problem comes if you hit someone, you're uninsured, and they sue your *****.

Personally, although my £1000 insurance seems a bit harsh, it's nothing compared to the amount of **** I'd be in if I was uninsured and knocked someone over or even killed someone...

i spoke too soon :( they called me back today, they made a mistake, the company i was covered by will no longer insure me, dorset said they know of a company that will but i have to be 28!!! they say i maybe ok as i have had the car for 2 years, and i'm 27..

phoned adrian flux, they will cover me no probs for £1398 !! still shocking i was used to £550 a year.

Told you Steve they're criminals, all of them....no offence to anyone here but i'd rather be unemployed than work for an insurance company.

*cough*  £3K TPF&T !!!!!!!!  *cough*

and I had to pay £900 of it today ?!?!?  I am skint now... B******S !

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your a crazy :censor: mate paying that :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You have gotta love your motor to spent that kinda money to drive it :help::help:

I like your style mate :lol:

it's bluddy harsh !!

Looks like my CF bonnet will be delayed for a month... :angry:

It's the price I have to pay if I want to drive my car. It's rediculous, but as I do love it, I have no choice.

Can't wait until I have some NCB !!!

The next time someone asks how much insurance is... "oh it's only £4K fully comp !" .... WTF !?!?!.... lol

It's only worked out an extre £50 per month.. it's the initial £900 payment that's a bugger !! ...... :(

Hey I might as well get my big turbo kit now... when it gets into silly money an extra £500 per year isn't gonna make much difference... lol

lol :lol:

That is crazy money. the first i ever got for mine was £8k I nearly wet meself. :crybaby:

Well you will enjoy it ten fold now!!! ;)

I can insure a Jappy Supra TT for that price !!!

If I had a stock MR2 Turbo, then insurance wouldn't be a problem... :(

Grrrr... insurance companys spoiling all my fun !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links