Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Insurance

Starlet_SR_Daz

why didnt you try what i said? would have saved u loads! but at least this way you dont get others wanting to drive your car (have 2 hide my keys from parents)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• KiwiMR2

• Debz

• midmotorsteve

yeah... my step dad would have been at me all the time for a shot of the car !!

At least now he can't.... lol

Anyway... I need to build up some sort of NCB... so might as well go it on my own. Doubt anywhere else other than A.Flux would have insured me, even when 25.

I'm like the insurance companys #1 hate person... lol. Buggers !

:P

when i first started driving i was sold an xr2 dead cheap off a m8, cost me 300, lowest quote i got was just over 3000! AA hung up on me! needless to say i drove a metro for my first car <_<

seems i went about insuring mine in a too detailed way, talked to another tubby conversion owner and he specified his as a "turbo modification increasing power by 40 - 50%" and got cheaper than tubby quotes no issue, seems they don't like the whole totally different engine thing. Been advised that tesco will cover a n/a uk car with "turbo modification" for £700 a year with same track record as me. So will try that tomorrow. :)

AON They are sposed to be really good, execpt when i rang them they said it not even worth giving quote if under 25. :angry: But when when you get there give them a go. My boyfriend has a modded up import (not a 2) and they are really good. :D

Anyway, just planting the seed. ;)

just an update...

it turns out that I have 3 years NCB !!

Now my insurance with A.Flux has halfed !!.... :D

just an update...

it turns out that I have 3 years NCB !!

Now my insurance with A.Flux has halfed !!.... :D

yeah i found that after 1 yr with tesco i had 2 yrs NCB, cut my insurance by 40%...

well okay my mums if we're being picky...

one thing i'd like to clarify...

i remember reading somewhere that the stock zorst on a 2 is Stainless Steel, is that true?

cos a few insuarance companies that i rang up werent bothered about the zorst (mongoose)being non standard, only if it was SS did they cout it as being a mod...

-Z

im 24 , 5 yrs no claims

Im only paying £920 with bell direct , adrian tried to rip me off over a grand!

only prob is with all me mods practically no where would touch me with a ruddy barge poll !

/me pokes Jim with barge poll

Just curious, how did you get 3 years NCB, you haven't been driving that long! If they have made a mistake, you need to set them straight, or your policy will be invalid!

Im in the process of looking for a GT Tbar Mk2 but there is very little to choose from in the way of UK cars here in NI so I intend to fly over to England and get one as soo as I see a black one available at the right price.

As for as insurance goes, it's quite expensive here in Ni and even though I am 24 with no points or endorsements and my mum runs a brokers the best she can get me is 2.5k. Elephant can cover me for 1200 FC or 950 tpft.... All I need now is a black GT-Tbar 2!!! Any sellers out there??

Just curious, how did you get 3 years NCB, you haven't been driving that long! If they have made a mistake, you need to set them straight, or your policy will be invalid!

been 1 year with that insurance companys. Different companys give you different amounts of NCB per year etc.

It has been checked out and is correct !.... :D

Jimlad, make sure they send you everything in writing with proof of the discount....cover your rear end!

Jimlad, make sure they send you everything in writing with proof of the discount....cover your rear end!

they have mate and I have it sitting downstairs. ... :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links