Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No fault code on Auris stuck in neutral

MatrixProtein

Right guys. Done plenty of reading and decided to go out and buy a streetwise obd scanner. Plugged it into the port and got no error codes.

The auris had an mmt auto gearbox which has got stuck in neutral as my other half drove it 8 months pregnant! So very dangerous situation to be in.

With no fault codes, could it simply be a clutch replacement is needed rather than replacing the actuator unit. Or is my obd reader crap.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Usually it's the clutch actuator when it comes to these transmissions 

I bought a generic obd2 reader for ~20 euros, but i'm also getting Toyota techstream cable, which combined with your PC should be more powerfull tool.

I'm guessing your reader cant pick up the code, that's it. 

Hi Nic.

First of all welcome to our club.

When I starting reading your post I thought that I hope it's not a MMT gearbox as they are basically not that reliable and very expensive to repair..

I suggest you phone a local Toyota dealership and put your question to them and be sitting down when they give you an estimate to repair it.

Good luck, Mike.

Sadly, from this post it looks to be MMT gearbox..

Anyway this part does not seem that complicated, looks to me it's just an electric engine, with a worm gear, which operates the actuator.

Maybe see if there is any place that does fixes them, as the new ones are quite pricey.

My advice if you are going for a used one would be to contact some wreckers, instead of buying it  (used) directly from eBay, as the price should be lower, but i think you will still need the techsteam cable to program the new part in, so it can learn the engagement point.

As already mentioned, best is to start with genuine diagnostic tool, probably Toyota garage, get the fault code and then we will start from there. Generic obd 2 readers can not pick up codes different from engine management, sensor codes but that is all. 

• Like 1