Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardwired Dashcam now Speedometer not working ECU-IG NO 2

Bettz

Hi all hoping somebody can help me on here.

I installed a VIOFO A119 V2 Dashcam in the Mrs 62 plate Yaris

Followed this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC45rFUrWoI

i changed the 5a ECU-IG NO 2 fuse and piggybacked off it

Camera was working fine.

Just been for a little drive and i noticed the car felt a little heavy there were a few red lights on the dashboard

We've noticed there's a yellow light on in the right corner & the speedometer isn't working.

I've since taken out the piggyback cable and put the original 5a fuse back in but the speedo isnt working any help would be much appreciated 

IMG_20190520_194708.jpg

Right update time.

Speedo is working again but there's still the yellow slip indicator light on any ideas?

Have you tried supplying it from another fuse? e.g. the accessory socket fuse, number 15 CIG, 15A if I recall. That's where my dual cameras are supplied from using a "piggyback" connection.

A 5A fused circuit doesn't seem enough to me. Also it is advised to never connect to an essential or safety related supply.

I'd certainly never go anywhere near one marked ECU!😨

Cheers I'll have another go 2mos left it disconnected overnight. I'll have to nip down the hardware shop and get a micro 15amp fuse

I just followed the YouTube vid it was simple enough wasn't sure which fuse to piggyback tbh.

I disconnected the Battery for 20 mins and the slip indicator has gone so hopefully the car won't feel sluggish when driving.

👍 Give it a go in that CIG (fuse no. 15) supply, it is ignition switched. Retain the existing 15A for the accessory socket and use a smaller fuse for the Dashcam "piggyback".- say the 5A which you are using. That's assuming you've used the original 5A and another 5A to supply the camera?

• Like 1

I'm surprised you didn't take the power from the cigarette lighter as that's ignition live.

Alan 

Hi Bettz.

Have you wired up your Dashcam to a 12 volt feed?

Did you use a hardwired fitting kit?

RSVP

Mike.

Hi.

I was just checking mate as I don't know if you know dash cams actually work on 5 volts as there is a 'volt dropper' in the cigarette plug they come with and I have known of people that have cut the plug off and wired it straight into a 12 volt supply and that caused problems.

Glad all is OK now. 

Regards Mike.