Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris getting 5yrs old, do I get another warranty?

davekench

My Yaris Hybrid is 5yrs old in October and was wondering if other members have taken out another warranty, I remember seeing something that Toyota do for 5yr old cars, but cannot find anything about it now?

Dave

Some members have purchased Toyota extended warranties - currently good value as they are offering two  years for the price of one. Also includes 2 free MOT's and Toyota Roadside Assistance - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty

Servicing has to be done via Toyota's dealer network.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Frostyballs, thats what I saw, but could not find it.

Regards Dave

As regards servicing, have a look at Toyota's 5+ Club - 

You need to register with Toyota for this.

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Some members have purchased Toyota extended warranties - currently good value as they are offering two  years for the price of one. Also includes 2 free MOT's and Toyota Roadside Assistance - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty

Servicing has to be done via Toyota's dealer network.

Thanks for giving me the heads up.  I know you've mentioned this extended warranty before, but our warranty expires this September 30th.

Just bought the 24m extended warranty as it seems good value.  It doesn't start until 1st October of course but I grabbed it whilst it was still on offer.  Knowing my luck, the offer wouldn't be there in October! 

Mick.

" Two FREE MOTs over the course of your warranty period."

" If your vehicle fails an MOT, a Toyota Extended Warranty protects against unexpected repair bills. As long as the vehicle is repaired and passes, we will pay for parts and labour, up to the vehicle’s purchase price. All you’ll pay is the original MOT test fee and the first £10 of any repair costs covered by the Extended Warranty."

Isn't that a contradiction? Why has the MOT test to be paid for when the warranty includes two "free" MOTs?

I never did receive a definitive answer from Toyota as to whether the CVT is covered. They were very vague in their reply. Must have been written by a politician.😄

" the replacement of parts due to wear & tear " And as with most of these extended warranties, there's the get out clause.

• 2 weeks later...

The paperwork has just come through today.

It seems that even though our extended warranty doesn't start until October, they've started off the direct debits now.  No issue really, but I was a little surprised.

Also, they've included AA roadside assistance for two years too as from now, and not October.  Our normal AA cover expires in July so I won't renew it.  Meanwhile we'll be covered twice for two months! 😀

Mick.

If you contact Toyota Roadside Assistance, and explain the issue, they should be abe defer the Toyota Roadside Assistance to the start of the extended warranty.

Much in the same way if one gets a new Toyota (which comes with Toyota Roadside Assistance as part of the new car warranty), partway through paid for Toyota Roadside Assistance membership, they can add the remaining balance onto the complimentary cover.

History:  We had just renewed our AA cover in July 2017 costing £51.71, then bought the Yaris at the end of August.  That came with twelve months free AA cover, so I phoned the AA people and put back the membership for a year - ie when the Toyota freebie expired.  The one I paid for came into operation a year after buying the Yaris, but only for eleven months because we'd already used a month of it.  This expires on 23rd July 2019.

The new 24m AA cover commence on 22nd May - ie just over a week ago - so we still have two months of the old AA membership to run.

It could be worth delaying the new Toyota membership a couple of months.  May try and sort it out, but I'm not sure I can be bothered for £8 or so.  I'll sleep on it over the weekend but it's better than a poke in the eye! 

Mick.

I've sent of a friendly email asking for a delay in the Toyota AA Roadside Assistance.

Mick.

Got a reply, and they've agreed.

Mick.

1 hour ago, Mick F said:

Got a reply, and they've agreed

Said they would

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links