Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A little bit of advice please

Ray Bush

I bought my little 2013 Yaris back in October 2018 ,at that time I didn't notice ant paintwork problems the car looked mint inside and out. I noticed a few days ago that the clear coat right near the bottom of the window O/S/R just under the rubber surround for the window,i don't think there is a miracle cure for this ,I may (once I know how the rubber comes off) have a go at seeing if I can fix this myself before I consult a body shop .

I have two questions ,how does the window rubber come off? .Second question ,I want to hard wire a dash cam in and have conflicting info on where the cabin fuse board is ,is it under the drivers side panel near the pedals ,or, is it on the passengers side on the left of the foot well  ,if it is there how does the trim come off, is it just held on clips only I don't wat to break any if I can help it.

Many thanks

Can't assist re the rubber, sorry.

The cabin fuse board is on the passenger side, behind and below the glovebox. There is a piece of trim in the footwell which is secured by three plastic spring clips, nearest to you. The cover should drop slightly as each clip is released. The cover is only slotted into position at the engine side.  Your handbook should show this. Once removed, look up and the fuse box is visible. The cover pulls off and each fuse is identified. I used the 15A CIG (accessory socket), position 15, to hardwire my Dashcam. It is ignition switched, i.e. ignitioin off, no power. If you are using a "piggyback", as most do, the cover will not fit anymore. Removing the glovebox helps for hardwiring access too. I carry the cover in my glovebox for reference.

Thanks for the reply Peter.

My dash cam is a Garmin and needs two supplies ,a switched feed and a feed that is always on for the parking mode sensor .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links