Panthor

Hybrid air con regas

Yes that's true, but some do. The current i20 has been kept for a bit longer (it will be four years old later in the year), but it will be changed this year, probably for another or the Kia clone, the Rio.

Just got around to speaking with Swansea Toyota and they told me the car would need a leak test first and then if that was successful a regas would be from £130. If a leak was detected then I would be charged £110 for the leak test and then any additional costs if I decided to go ahead.

is this likely to be the same at all dealers now? If not I’m tempted to travel.

10 minutes ago, Panthor said:

Just got around to speaking with Swansea Toyota and they told me the car would need a leak test first and then if that was successful a regas would be from £130. If a leak was detected then I would be charged £110 for the leak test and then any additional costs if I decided to go ahead.

is this likely to be the same at all dealers now? If not I’m tempted to travel.

Auris hybrid uses r134a - same gas as all cars around world. The difference is the compressor Oil - ND11 non conductive as the compressor is electric not belt driven. 

You need to find a good garage which will “regas” and use ND11 Oil as specs in hybrids. The cost should be same as usual plus you will need to pay extra for your “hybrid oil”(lets say £10-15£ more)

£130 that’s current Toyota price. It is a total rip off. £130 for air con regas it’s Bentley or Aston Martin range isn’t?

my auris has air con problem but because it loose a gas quick I complaint for warranty repair and currently is under repair.

I had few cars before Toyota but never needed “regassing” or “top up” previous vehicles.

before auris I had mercedes 2001 year for 8 years and never had an problem with air condition despite it was an old car with high mileage. Good air con will not leak - based on my car experience. Thank you

thanks

Matt

13 minutes ago, Matt85uk said:

Auris hybrid uses r134a - same gas as all cars around world.

Later hybrids, petrols and diesels use R1234yf gas, which is more expensive but is supposed to be more environmentally friendly. Some manufacturers started using this from 2014 in preparation for its use becoming compulsory in new cars. Both of our cars use R1234yf.

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Later hybrids, petrols and diesels use R1234yf gas, which is more expensive but is supposed to be more environmentally friendly. Some manufacturers started using this from 2014 in preparation for its use becoming compulsory in new cars. Both of our cars use R1234yf.

Yes but I mean his particular car should be r134a.😀

thanks