Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who owns a 2019 Corolla with panoramic roof?

TazUddin

Hi guys. New on here. I ordered my 2019 hybrid Corolla with panoramic sun roof. Haven't test drive it but loved the look so went for the plunge. Ordered it via car wow who saved me 2.5k so ordered one with panoramic sunroof. Has anyone got any pictures or info of this roof?

Thanks in advance 

Taz

Hi Taz, welcome to TOC. 🙂 

This is it on the TS md_4dbbdcb8ab3eefcc5a6b7db009f637db1.jpg 

this was the prev. generation on an Auris hatch Toyota_Auris_0191.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yep thanks. Saw them on Google but after photos lol. Thank you for the reply 🙂

FWIW there was a hybrid Corolla with panoramic sun roof in the showroom in the Toyota dealer in Letchworth today. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos but it's not too far from London so if you have some free time then you could visit yourself. Just make sure it's still there before going. If and when I go again I will try to get some photos.

Thank you. Mines apparently coming on the 22nd June. But would appreciate if you do go to take some snaps and post. 🙂

theirs plenty of reviews on you tube with the sunroof fitted.

it is different from the Auris one looks smaller from inside the car  

Really? I've gone through. Maybe ALL the videos lol. Please send me a link. Cheers.

A bit late to reply but I just joined the forum 😄
Here are a couple of videos I found on youtube since it's hard to find anything related to the new Corolla with the Sunroof

The first one is in Dutch and the second one in German and no subtitles are available but you can get the hang of it. Both reviewers are about 185 tall so that might be useful as well.

Just like you, I ordered my TS 2.0 with the panoramic sunroof sight unseen because not a single dealer in Croatia has a Corolla with the sunroof to showcase. I can't get my head around that and can't believe they can't order at least one model with all the specs for people to see.

If they had an ALL IN version of the TS in the showroom I would have bought it as once since I would not need to wait for 2 months like I am now. But what can you do.

Regarding the sunroof, since the normal roof is a bit lowered as it is, I was not sure how much headroom the PSR takes but I went with it anyway since I'm 175cm tall and pretty much everyone else that will be driving in the car is the same height or shorter. I'm hoping I was not wrong and to have enough headroom not to scratch my head to the PSR cover.

My Corolla is due Mid-July so send some pictures if you get yours delivered before then 🙂

• Thanks 1

Awesome. Saw them video's. Mines does 27th June. Will put up pics once collected. Hopfully no delays by the dealers. They said they will 100% confirm the date 1st week of June. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get delayed. Mine is due 12-15th July and we are going on vacation on the 19th so I'm hoping everything goes to plan, but I'm not counting on it. It's better to not hope for it and be pleasantly surprised than to hope for it and be disappointed.

Is this sun roof option part of a pack, as it is not listed when specc-ing a car on Mr Ts website

How much extra is it, and I suppose only with the 2.0??

According to Toyota's current price list, the Excel with panoramic roof is priced separately to the standard Excel - available in both 1.8 and 2.0 litre forms - and costs £800 more the the standard Excel. This is for the hatchback.

Thanks Frosty...

My 2013 Gen 3 had a sun roof+a rather useless PV panel.....but no bike tow hitch available

My Gen 4 has a tow hitch, but no opening roof, so maybe a Touring Sport will give me both options......plus even a space saver

but no HUD?????

Looking at the Touring Sports and Saloon price lists, they don't include the price of any grade with the panoramic roof, so they may be a separately priced option on these.

1 hour ago, barrycoll said:

Thanks Frosty...

My 2013 Gen 3 had a sun roof+a rather useless PV panel.....but no bike tow hitch available

My Gen 4 has a tow hitch, but no opening roof, so maybe a Touring Sport will give me both options......plus even a space saver

but no HUD?????

UK market doesn't get the HUD :-/

I would also check that if you get the Pano roof that you get a spare wheel as standard - normally Toyota switch to a puncture repair kit to counter the increased weight of the roof & keep the emissions/tax down.

If that is the case you can always buy a spare wheel etc.

On 6/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, barrycoll said:

Is this sun roof option part of a pack, as it is not listed when specc-ing a car on Mr Ts website

How much extra is it, and I suppose only with the 2.0??

All depends on what model you want

Saloon, not available at all

Hatch (edited)is a model in its own right as an "Excel with Panoramic roof" with either 1.8 or 2.0 but not with Spare wheel. Also available in Design spec with 1.2t, 1.8 with Panoramic roof option and with/without Spare or 2.0 with Pan roof but no Spare

Tourer its a £960 option on the 2.0 Excel only & only with a Spare wheel.

I like the Excel 2.0 hatchback but her who must be obeyed objects to the black roof lining.

With the pan roof, is it too much to hope that the interior pan roof blind is cream/white?

Curiously the saloon, made in Turkey, has a pale roof lining.

Very strange, as the Gen3 came with NO spare wheel if you ticked the sun roof box.....and the Gen4 has a spare but only with 15” wheels (so I bought my own space saver) with17” rims

but the Corollla insists on spare if you tick the sun roof.........very strange

but are 16” wheels an option with the 2.0 hybrid,as they are aesthetically acceptable where 15” are just too small for the size of the bodywork

One thing to check is whether one's insurer includes panoramic sunroofs within the policy's glass cover. Some have been caught out in the past.

• Thanks 1

Right. Mines now been delayed until mid July. 12th to 15th to be precise. Mines a design ordered with panoramic roof at an extra cost of £900. It's a 1.8 model. I have also got the spare wheel instead of the puncture repair kit.

Is this with 16s or 17” rims Tax

do you get a spare wheel with17s???

Hi yes it's 17" hatchback hybrid 1.8 design with panoramic roof. And yes spare wheel as the dealer gave me a choice. Obviously the space savers.

16 hours ago, TazUddin said:

Hi yes it's 17" hatchback hybrid 1.8 design with panoramic roof. And yes spare wheel as the dealer gave me a choice. Obviously the space savers.

. . . and is the inside pan roof blind coloured black like the roof lining?