Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying advice help

AdamsRav

I have left a deposit on a RAV4 and was wondering what to expect with these cars.

the mot has some advisories.. steering shaft noise and tyres etc. 

The car is an 06 petrol vvti and has about 90k miles on it. Come with warranty.

what are the common problems with these cars and what is the tax on 06 2.0 vvti petrol?

5 hours ago, AdamsRav said:

The car is an 06 petrol vvti and has about 90k miles on it. Come with warranty.

Hi Eid, welcome to TOC. 🙂 

if you are buying from a dealer/trader you have 6 months under Consumer Rights Act 2015 anyway. https://www.whatcar.com/news/your-legal-rights-if-something-goes-wrong-with-your-car/n3307

Petrol Ravs are bullet proof keep it serviced regularly will serve you well mate.

oxygen sensors are the only thing you may get play up but around £80 for a denso one not too bad to replace.

Just had a call from Toyota dealer. Seems they have let another customer view car and also leave a deposit. How unprofessional as they think they can get more money.

i only paid 48 hrs ago. Gutted.

That’s not right, any deposit holds it for first customer surely? That’s a main Toyota dealer ? Would be contacting Toyota U.K. if that was me and look to buy one from somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

That’s not right, any deposit holds it for first customer surely? That’s a main Toyota dealer ? Would be contacting Toyota U.K. if that was me and look to buy one from somewhere else.

Yes it was main dealer of Toyota. I got quite a discount as they were desperate to sell. I had no px and it was cash buy. They sold it too me with agreed price and I paid deposit subject to viewing it today. I couldn’t make it so they took another deposit and someone is viewing tomorrow. I think it stinks. As I did say that when I left deposit I might not make it if my health gets worse on Friday. I was planning to view it bank hol Monday or Sunday.

He lied and said they are closed Monday yet all their branches are open for sales.

Did you confirm with them that you definitely weren't able to attend today, and wanted to view Sunday or Monday instead?

If not, they may have assumed you were no longer interested.

As regards complaining, it will need to be to the dealer's management - probably the dealer principal for that site.

41 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Did you confirm with them that you definitely weren't able to attend today, and wanted to view Sunday or Monday instead?

If not, they may have assumed you were no longer interested.

As regards complaining, it will need to be to the dealer's management - probably the dealer principal for that site.

Yes they rang me this morning and I confirmed this and said would like to view Monday as I was ill .I had already told them I would ring them Friday morning before I set off as it’s 3 hr drive.

i got a call at 9am and they rang me back 330 pm.

He said in the morning they will look at other options. I assumed he meant that I would view another day not that they would get someone else to view it.

In hindsight, it may have been best to clarify what they meant about 'other options' at the time. Presume they will be refunding your deposit?

43 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In hindsight, it may have been best to clarify what they meant about 'other options' at the time. Presume they will be refunding your deposit?

Yes they will refund it after the other buyer views and buys car. Otherwise I can view it Monday next week. I asked for my deposit back today and will put another one if needed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links