Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla egr valve?

Armyd

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does my 2002 1.4vvti corolla have an egr valve? Asking because when connected to torque Pro obd reader app it shows "no info" under the egr section. I thought that with the euro4 regulations it should have and also if it does have one why isn't it showing up. 

I know the app works fine because in my friend's car a Suzuki Ignis 2002 it shows up on that OK. 

Just a bit confused that's all but any help would be great thanks. 

The Torque Pro app is correct - I don't think there is an EGR on that engine.  In general, I don't think petrol engine designers from that period needed to resort to an EGR system to get emissions to the required levels; the Suzuki is the anomaly here.  It would be interesting to see why they went to that effort and expense.  Perhaps someone knows?  Perhaps the engine was designed principally for the US or Asian markets which had different requirements, and it was simpler just to leave EGR on?!

I think, given the age of your cars, that it was Euro 3 standards that needed to be met when new.

9 hours ago, Armyd said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does my 2002 1.4vvti corolla have an egr valve? Asking because when connected to torque Pro obd reader app it shows "no info" under the egr section. I thought that with the euro4 regulations it should have and also if it does have one why isn't it showing up. 

I know the app works fine because in my friend's car a Suzuki Ignis 2002 it shows up on that OK. 

Just a bit confused that's all but any help would be great thanks. 

That makes sense and thanks for the reply. Was a bit confused after seeing the Suzuki reading it had one. 

Regards 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links