Do Not Sell My Personal Information

55 reg Aircon compressor gap needed

Notebook

Hi

aircon playing up. Started a year or two ago and was failing in really hot weather. Red light on button blinking. Plenty of gas in there. Worked less and less. Run for 10 mins and quit etc. 

I know there is a gap for the clutch to operate. 

Anyone have any info or isometrics etc

cheers

This issue has come up many times and the solution is a slightly thicker thrust washer. Use the search function  - one previous post had a diagram of what needs to be done.

Thanks 

have found it but by looking down on the compressor it looks different hence my question. 

Thanks

From the Toyota Repair manual:

0.45mm + 0.15mm - 0.10mm.  Shown measured with a clock gauge on the pressure plate, and taking the difference between disengaged and engaged.

Adjust using shims of 0.1mm, 0.3mm and 0.5mm.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, IanML said:

From the Toyota Repair manual:

0.45mm + 0.15mm - 0.10mm.  Shown measured with a clock gauge on the pressure plate, and taking the difference between disengaged and engaged.

Adjust using shims of 0.1mm, 0.3mm and 0.5mm.

Does it say shaft diameter and washer outside diameter to use

Unfortunately not.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't suppose Toyota or the actual OE (Denso?) happen to sell a shim set or repair kit to save sourcing individual shims?

A repair kit is available from Toyota - part number 88335-14020. Just check your VIN in the parts list or with your dealer just to ensure that there is no variability in part number against VIN's  

• Thanks 1

It's 96 cents online, i'm not expecting much change from a fiver when I ask the question of my local dealer.

Telephoned Toyota Newport South Wales

gave all the info and as parts people had gone home, said they would ring me....

you guessed it - they didn’t bother

will go to Cardiff from now on.

anyone know where I can just order one?

Pretty much the same experience locally, i’d call in, but unfortunately they removed the parts desk as it’s not considered customer facing, if you walk in the dealership and ask for parts, they send a man with a pencil, it’s a cringeworthy experience.

Changed dealer and got it sorted, £1.64 and available in 2 days, not as horrific as expected.

21 minutes ago, Avalon said:

Changed dealer and got it sorted, £1.64 and available in 2 days, not as horrific as expected.

Which dealership 

Hodgson Toyota in Gateshead, I doubt they’ve done me any favours, so that should be retail. I’ll collect Saturday morning and see what happens.

XaZnoT9.jpg

Currently 22c and stuck doing 200 miles with that on the seat next to me. I fully expect Snow tomorrow when I get to fit them 😂