Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Rav4 LED headlight question

daiashthomas

So I drove my 2019 rav4 in tha dark dark for the 1st time last night, me and all the passengers found the main beam very low, like it wasn't projecting far enough, I tried the auto high beam feature but it never once kicked in.

Is there a way to adjust the auto high beam settings? Or manually adjust the main beam height?

It's really annoying.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, daiashthomas said:

So I drove my 2019 rav4 in tha dark dark for the 1st time last night, me and all the passengers found the main beam very low, like it wasn't projecting far enough, I tried the auto high beam feature but it never once kicked in.

Is there a way to adjust the auto high beam settings? Or manually adjust the main beam height?

It's really annoying.

On the new Corolla you can turn off the automatic high beam, there is a switch for it on the bank of switches lower right to the steering wheel, check your manual it should be listed in there.

On the new Corolla you can turn off the automatic high beam, there is a switch for it on the bank of switches lower right to the steering wheel, check your manual it should be listed in there.
Yes, I'm aware of that.
You don't understand what I mean.
The main beam is crap, it doesn't throw light far enough ahead, the halogen headlights had better projection on my old 2013 Rav4.
There is a manual height adjustment on the back of the headlamp units, I'll wait til it's dark and higher them.
As the main beam light is not acceptable as it is.
Last night was our 1st trip in the dark since having it, and it's not just me who thought it was poor, all 5 of us did.

14 hours ago, daiashthomas said:

I drove my 2019 rav4 in tha dark 

Please update your profile to include the above.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ashley

Did you satisfactory resolve this?

I wasn't able to comment at the time as I hadn't used the car at night in a situation where I could assess the high beams.

The other night I did get the chance and they mine were great, just like the similarly equipped Gen 4 Prius I had for the last 3 years.  The headlights on that (high and low beams) were the best I'd ever had so I was somewhat surprised by your post.

My auto high beam, on the other hand, is permanently switched off, just as it was on my Prius.

From a quick play, the 'version 2' on the RAV is slightly better than the chocolate teapot version 1, but it's still too inconsiderate to oncoming traffic and distant cars in go the same way for my stomach, but mostly because on the Prius it's wouldn't switch on highbeam below 27 mph even in the pitch black.  This is frankly dangerous on some of the twisty single track country lanes near me which have trees in the high banks.  Even below 27 one rally needs the high beams and finding the switch down by the right knee or holding the headlight flasher stall in the dark while working overtime with the steering wheel is a recipe for embedding the car in the embankment or a tree!

For some reason, a discussion on the Prius group between some Plug-In Prius owners (these cars have a more complex headlight system than the ordinaire variety) centred around the fact that model wouldn't select high beam below 40 mph!

They only time I found it worked reasonably well was on a fairly straight single carriage roads, although it would still leave high beams on with cars going the same way some distance in front (but close enough to be annoyed).

Hi Ashley
Did you satisfactory resolve this?
I wasn't able to comment at the time as I hadn't used the car at night in a situation where I could assess the high beams.
The other night I did get the chance and they mine were great, just like the similarly equipped Gen 4 Prius I had for the last 3 years.  The headlights on that (high and low beams) were the best I'd ever had so I was somewhat surprised by your post.
My auto high beam, on the other hand, is permanently switched off, just as it was on my Prius.
From a quick play, the 'version 2' on the RAV is slightly better than the chocolate teapot version 1, but it's still too inconsiderate to oncoming traffic and distant cars in go the same way for my stomach, but mostly because on the Prius it's wouldn't switch on highbeam below 27 mph even in the pitch black.  This is frankly dangerous on some of the twisty single track country lanes near me which have trees in the high banks.  Even below 27 one rally needs the high beams and finding the switch down by the right knee or holding the headlight flasher stall in the dark while working overtime with the steering wheel is a recipe for embedding the car in the embankment or a tree!
For some reason, a discussion on the Prius group between some Plug-In Prius owners (these cars have a more complex headlight system than the ordinaire variety) centred around the fact that model wouldn't select high beam below 40 mph!
They only time I found it worked reasonably well was on a fairly straight single carriage roads, although it would still leave high beams on with cars going the same way some distance in front (but close enough to be annoyed).
Thanks for the reply.
I've still not driven it myself at night.
We don't tend to go anywhere in the dark at the moment [emoji23].
Once the evenings are getting a bit darker I'll give it a go myself.

• 2 months later...