Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid 2012 - Gearbox Oil change

yrn11

my car just did 100,000 KM (running petrol) is the gearbox oil need to be replaced?

if it does,

1. Do you use the pump to fill it or somewhere else?

2. is it a must to use Toyota WS oil?

Yes, it’s a perfect time to change it. Very important is to use Toyota own oil and it’s a very easy job to do. You don’t need to pump new oil in but you will need to have a clear hose long at leat 50cm attached to a funnel and get access from top of engine, if you can’t lift up you car 4 wheels of the ground and ideally level the best way is to measure the drained out oil and fill the same amount of new oil in.  You can also buy new washers for the two bolts, do not ever tighten when !Removed! them back, ideally use a torque wrench. When cracking them open use long extension bar, much easier to undo first crack then by hand. 

Good luck 

50 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, it’s a perfect time to change it. Very important is to use Toyota own oil and it’s a very easy job to do. You don’t need to pump new oil in but you will need to have a clear hose long at leat 50cm attached to a funnel and get access from top of engine, if you can’t lift up you car 4 wheels of the ground and ideally level the best way is to measure the drained out oil and fill the same amount of new oil in.  You can also buy new washers for the two bolts, do not ever tighten when !Removed! them back, ideally use a torque wrench. When cracking them open use long extension bar, much easier to undo first crack then by hand. 

Good luck 

Thanks!, The hose and funnel will be connected to to the upper bolt for filling it up, correct?

Do you think Toyota WS oil is shipped? Or I have to find it locally?

Yes, correct you will fill it through upper hole and drain from lower. Be careful not to mistaken drain bolt for inverter coolant, and always undo upper bolt first. I bought my oil through eBay from Toyota official store. You can ask if they can ship to your country or you can buy from your local dealers. 

I've just done one of these a few days ago.  Two things stand out as minor problems that could slow you down: 

1.The trim clips on the undertray fill with road crud and then become tedious to remove, especially the ones at the back edge.  And the 10mm bolts at the front edge like to rust up.

2. The 10mm hex key that is required to undo both plugs has slightly limited access.  To save on swearing, I would make sure that you have a tool that can get a good torque on it in a space that is a little short of room.  I used a 3/8 drive click-stop torque wrench and a socket to suit the plug, this was ideal for me with the car not lifted that high, but the initial effort needed to 'crack' the seal on the plug is surprising, the torque wrench length was useful to get the leverage - It almost releases with a bang.  Just trying to use an L-shaped hex (Allen) key will make the job so much harder.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links