Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav version in UK

Tomfromfife

Question for anyone who has taken delivery of a 2019 RAV4 in the UK.

What is the version and year and version of the Sat Nav map data?

and how do you find the version and date? Is it in satnav settings?

Thanks

Newer models Such as Corolla, 2019 Rav4, Camry & 2019 Prius now have what Toyota refer to as MM17 head units & Navigation. MM17 is an updated variant of the earlier Touch 2 (Go) which differ in the way they are updated:

Touch 2 head units where updated individually however the Navigation unit and Maps had a combined update this simplified the update process but also meant software fixes had to wait for the bi-annual map update to be released.

MM17 models retain the individual head unit update but they also separate the navigation software and maps there is also an added complication in that the map version from factory will be a number however if its been updated by the dealer or customer it will have the more traditional date/version.

To check what versions you have installed: 

Switch ENGINE ON or READY mode for HV. Caution: only IG on could eventually deplete the 12v battery for a Hybrid vehicle.

Once the system is ready → push the "SETUP" hard key on the multimedia device → select "GENERAL" → scroll down to the last page → select "SOFTWARE UPDATE"

You will then see:

Audio, this is the head unit/ displays software version. ( currently there are no updates )

Navigation, this is the navigation media extension modules (MEU) software version. The latest version being 1520 ( released 09/04/2019 )

navbd_version, this is the Map version, the latest being 2019 V1, factory versions and there equivalent being: 2019v1 ( released this 18/04/2019 )

860 - 2017v1

919 - 2017v2

943 - 2018v1

A36 - 2018v2

Finally as with Touch 2 your system should be updated to the latest versions by your dealer prior to delivery as part of pre delivery inspection.

Thanks for that info. I've also been trying to work out whether my new RAV-4 needed its map upgrading. It was delivered this month , so I wasn't expecting it to be necessarily up-to-date.

What I've found out with your info is that I'm on an older 1512 software version, but the map version is 943 , this time last year's map! It obviously wasn't updated on PDI.

My biggest frustration is I'm finding it impossible to upgrade anything myself. The car and multimedia device are registered with MyToyota. I've done 136 miles, so more than the required 120 miles for allowing First Use Date to be set. I connect to the internet with my phone, while the vehicle is in drive mode. Select e-store app and get a whirling loading message for about 30s and then nothing. The on-line connection is working, because if I don't set it up right I get a message saying the connection is missing. 

I have also tried to download the map onto USB using the Request Code, that I eventually found in setup, despite the instructions from e-Store being completely wrong. If I type the 22 character code into the box in e-store I get a 'please enter a valid request code' error message come back.

I guess a visit to a dealer is the next step.

Hi,

I downloaded the 2019v1? map to a computer and copy the key number.

Then I unzipped the file to a empty usb drive.

I plugged the usb drive to the USB port at the front, turn the car on and follow the instructions on the screen. Once the system recognises the file it ask for the key number.

Its a big file, around 11gb so it takes a long time to update, around an hour and a half?.

Regards,

Oscar

Thanks. The trouble is right at the start. To get to the free map upgrade you have to type in a Request code, which is found in the car setup. I assume it links with the database to ensure it is only being used for that car. The Request Code keeps getting rejected, so I never get to the download page.

Hi,

Ok, I’m with you now.

Sorry I cannot help.

Maybe a visit to the dealer or probably even better an email to customer services?.

Regards,

Oscar

Thanks for the information I will check the version when I collect my car late June

Screenshot from my RAV4 Dynamic delivered 10th May.

Not done any updates myself so assuming it came delivered with these versions

DC9213CB-85E4-4C04-A99A-91A4A1300A14.jpeg

Just an update on my map upgrade. Did another short journey which took the mileage from 136 to 145. Checked the map key code and it had changed. Successfully downloaded map and now upgraded to 2019v1. Maybe the FUD check is set on start up and so this journey was the first time it read over 120 miles.

Now all I have to do is work out how to get the other apps, which are listed as available, up and running. e-store still keeps saying loading and then nothing.

Having the same problem with estore, can't get any other apps loaded. I can get fuel prices and weather via voice commands though 🤷‍♂️