Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small annoying issues

Nico1

Hello,

My front wiper motor works fine, but for some reason when I switch the wipers off, they don't return to the parking position. I looked at the linkage and everything is working well. I was told Corolla 2.0 Diesel have wiper parking fuse that could blow up some time to time. I couldn't find the fuse anywhere! So I presume it's coming from the switch on the wiper motor. Can I change the switch without replacing the motor?

The other pain that i have is with the dashboard brightness. It's simply not bright enough when I have my headlights on in day time. And as there is no dashboard brightness control button anywhere, I have the feeling I won't see much of my dashboard when I have to turn the lights on during daylight.

Thanks for your help.

Nico

Presume you have the Corolla saloon (2007-2019), which we never had in the UK.

In front of the instrument cluster, there should be two buttons, one of which controls the trip meter, odometer dispkay, etc. With the headlights turned on, toggle the button until a bar graph shows - keeping the button pressed will increase/decrease the number of bars and also the intensity of the instrument lighting (more bars the brighter the lighting). Turn off the headlights once the desired level of brightness is reached.

Thank you for your replies.

It's a 2007 Corolla 2.0 D-4D hatchback 116HP 85KW. I only have one button on my dashboard which controls the trip meter and odometer display.

That should enable you to access the light control

• Like 1

If your wiper motor is similar to the 2012 -2018 Auris, then it will look like these pictures.

P1150724.thumb.JPG.59f03bcb2c52421459252ddffa74e7f6.JPGP1150725.thumb.JPG.f269424f4573cfb91aec96df5fcf1fe6.JPG

If you zoom in on the second picture, you can see that it has some sealant on its top cover,  But also a screw and some built-in clips.

If you were keen then you might get the cover off without damaging it.

This link might give some extra insight:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a6226/how-to-fix-your-windshield-wiper-motors/

I don't think you'll find a separate switch that you can replace on its own.  It'll be more likely needing a clean up and grease, if the wiping contact hasn't worn away.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nico1 said:

The other pain that i have is with the dashboard brightness. It's simply not bright enough when I have my headlights on in day time. And as there is no dashboard brightness control button anywhere, I have the feeling I won't see much of my dashboard when I have to turn the lights on during dayligh

Press knob in instrument display,

Dab once = trip reading 1, dab again = trip meter 2, dab again = instrument lighting brightness, (only comes up with lights on) looks something like    - - === - IIRC, keep pressed until bright enough - if so, let go, dab again to return to Mileometer