Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 diesel corolla gurgling sound

Steveg8440

Hi

just picked up a 2003 2.0 D Corolla with 29000 miles and a full Toyota history to use as a run around to get me to work. The car feels almost brand new and has clearly been looked after.

The only thing I can find issue with is a 'gurgling' sound which can be heard sometimes when I pull away in first gear, don't seem to hear it after that. My wife describes the sound as similar to a radiator in the house warming up for the first time after they have stood for a while. The sound is clearly audible and appears to come from just behind the dashboard. 

All levels fine and I have put about 1500 on it this month.

Any ideas what the sound could be ?

Thanks in advance...

Had the same sound on my old mazda 3, i did some checking back then, turned out it's pretty common annoyance on a range of cars/brands, but not a real issue.

Might be an air bubble in the heater exchange core, try it with the AC off, see if there's any difference.

Hi,

Possibly you hear it more because 1st gear produces the most revs  ?

Could be a simple air lock  in the heater matrix, so drive it to full engine temperature , about 20 mins, and then set the heater  to Hot and turn on the fan, it should produce a really good heat from the central vents...... ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links