Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris LED running lights?

F Flinstone

Just bought a new Yaris Hybrid, got it home and this morning had a good look round, Do all models have LED running lights or do some have the old style filament bulbs as running lights? In all the brochures and spec sheets I can find they are supposed to have LEDs, mine does not just a standard 21/5W wedge bulb, so I assume the 5w is the side light and the 21w is the running light,  I do live in France but even the French literature say's LED, they are built here so it could be cost cutting by the French, thanks for any info you may have, before I challenge the dealer. Ff  

Specifications can differ from country to country. Best check with either Toyota France or the supplying dealer.

Ff

I have a late 2014 Yaris Hybrid which had filament bulbs and I have replaced them with LED ones which as you are aware a lot brighter.    I got them off ebay  rather than paying dealer prices!

Dave

My mother has a December 2014 (64 plate) 1.33 Icon and hers has filament bulb type front daytime driving lights as well. It also has standard filament bulbs for  the rear lights as well. Only some higher spec models had the LED daytime driving lights front and LED tail lights at the rear.

Photo0317.jpg

The UK has a different grade structure - we don't have a 'Dynamic' grade.

The current online UK brochure  shows that only the 'Excel' grade has LED daylight running lights - the other grades have bulb type DRL's.

Thanks  will e-mail dealer see what they say, so you can get LED replacement wedge type fitting bulbs? how do you take out the rear len's, have undone the two nuts at the back of the light cluster but it seems difficult to pull out, would like LEDs in the rear as well, thanks all. Ff  

The full owners manual should have information on replacing bulbs.

Presume, as in the UK, Toyota France supply abbreviated owners manuals with new cars. In the UK, one can download the full owners manual from My Toyota, so have a look at the Toyota France website.

19 hours ago, davekench said:

Ff

I have a late 2014 Yaris Hybrid which had filament bulbs and I have replaced them with LED ones which as you are aware a lot brighter.    I got them off ebay  rather than paying dealer prices!

Dave

Ours is a completely original September 2014 Yaris, and ours are LED. 

Looking at the handbook, it seems that some have bulbs and some have LED.  I think UK law and vehicle lighting is that you must not change any of the lighting from original.

Mick.

9 minutes ago, Mick F said:

I think UK law and vehicle lighting is that you must not change any of the lighting from original.

The OP lives in France ......

40 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The OP lives in France ......

I was commenting on Davekench's post.  That was the one I quoted, not the OP's

Mick.

Still not relevant to the original question.

Still no news from the dealer, tried French Toyota no luck on bulbs, where in the Uk could I get a replacement LED bulbs, tried Googleing  could not find my year, only up to 2014, thanks again. Ff

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Still not relevant to the original question.

Why is it irrelevant when giving advice on this subject?  I was pointing out that Davekench could very well be breaking UK law.  Whether he informed his insurance company, we don't know, but he should.

It's not relevant to the OP's question I will admit, but that doesn't preclude giving advice to one of the posters.

Mick.

• Thanks 1

Read my response - which didn't say it was irrelevant, but said it was not relevant to the original question.

Please move on!