Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music USB Stick Won’t Work.

Bod&Hammie

Hi guys, 

I need a little help please. I’ve got a USB stick with music on it that I use in my Lexus.

I have made another one (identical) for my Father in Law for his 2017 Rav Hybrid. It won’t work at all but it does seem to get hot.

The USB option on the screen is greyed out as is the iPod option. Both the sticks work in my 2015 Lexus.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Bod

One possibility is that the drive has been formatted to a file system not compatible with the player.

Thanks gents. What does that mean? The stick needs to be FAT32 or the music files?

1 minute ago, Bod&Hammie said:

Thanks gents. What does that mean? The stick needs to be FAT32 or the music files?

Put the Stick into your computer, in My Computer right click on the stick, select format, when the format menu comes up ensure the file type is FAT32, if not select it from the drop-down, then click on the format button.  Note if you do this it will erase the contents and you will have to re-load the music back onto it from your computer.

Thanks Sid, I’ll give that go tomorrow. 

Bod