Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ A/C footwell leak

OhLouise

I have a leak in the passenger footwell after using the A/C. I’ve pulled up the flooring for the last 2 months to let it dry out & test/check if the water comes back after using the a/c (& it does).

i read a few threads where people said that the spout for the overflow of condensation for the a/c is too short or blocked, so the water comes back into the car.

The issue is, how do I get to this? 

Thank you in advance for any advice / guidance given. 

Hi Louise and welcome to the forum.

From what I've read you have to access this from underneath the car. A previous poster attached 3 inches of garden hose to the plastic overflow spout to resolve the issue. I can't say exactly where the spout is located, but it should hopefully become obvious when you look from under the car (it will be protruding through the bulkhead).

• 7 months later...

It's an easy fix and you'll see the AC outlet fairly easily on the bulk head obve you're underneath. It definitely works as had we an IQ in with this issue and fitting a longer tube prevents the draining water from leaking back in while driving.