Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo alternator

Marshals

Hi all,

my 56 plate Aygo alternator requires replacing. The Battery is new, and I have the Battery warning light on the dash. I’ve metered out the Battery with the engine running and there is no rise in voltage when the engine runs. It stays just over 12v. 

Sooo.. 2 questions:

Could somebody kindly point to an alternator I should buy?

And, am I right in assuming the best route is to remove the front bumper?

many thanks in advance to all advice.

Regards

Marsh

Update: I’ve got the bad boy out (obvs the Mrs is out, otherwise it wouldn’t be on the kitchen table 😁)

There’s a couple on eBay for around £80 but they mostly seem to be 80A, whereas mine is only 70A. The site says that this is ok Anyone know if this true?

DFD00E1A-D47B-40A5-8676-9B88C28AD82C.jpeg

All other things being equal (physically the same and same connection wise), a higher output alternator is fine. 

6 hours ago, Marshals said:

Update: I’ve got the bad boy out (obvs the Mrs is out, otherwise it wouldn’t be on the kitchen table 😁)

There’s a couple on eBay for around £80 but they mostly seem to be 80A, whereas mine is only 70A. The site says that this is ok Anyone know if this true?

DFD00E1A-D47B-40A5-8676-9B88C28AD82C.jpeg

i've known people to use the dishwasher as a parts cleaner in the past

they said it was brilliant, again only when the mrs's is out for the day

• 1 month later...

Hi Marshals, glad to hear you got your alternator working 🙂

Do you, or anyone else here, know if the alternator is the same on a Mk2 B4 Aygo from 2014? I think it is, since the engine itself is the same 1KR-FE, only with an optimized top-end, or something. My girlfriends alternator is dying I think, and not much info is found on the mk2 B4 alternator. Lots on the mk1 from 2005 though 🙂 Have been looking at the Denso DAN1036, which I believe is suitable.

I THINK an 80A alternator from a Mk1 should fit, but I'm not sure at all. Her car has A/C btw.

Uhm, nevermind, I just searched eBay for a mk2 alternator, they look nothing alike 😭 Not interchangeable.