Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear lever surround 2017 Prius PHEV

RichSH

As my car is pearlescent white the interior white inserts aren’t too out of place. I can live with the steering wheel (not that I have a lot of choice...) but would really like to replace the white gear lever surround - with black, ideally. Has anyone done it?

Part numbers:

84250-47560-C1 - Black steering wheel switch set £381.70

58841-47081-C0 - Black Shift lever surround ( price not listed )

58821-47041-C0 - Black Centre console ( with wireless charger ) £178.29

58921-47021-C0 - Black center console rear trim £65.25

58803-47011-C0 - Black centre console cup holders £86.53

861C0-47010-C0 - Black wireless charger £557.55

All part numbers are RHD specific

Many thanks for the info! 

Apologies to all for my duplicate post just now...🙄

Duplicate deleted

If I were to change it I would remove it and have it hydro dipped (or DIY). You can have whatever pattern you want on it then, plain, carbon fibre etc.

£1200+ to change!!!! I can see everyone will be going for that.

Seriously, though, Toyota should note this. I'd love to upgrade my 2012 Plug in Prius, and I was wavering over whether I could cope with the smaller boot and only 4 seats, but what really put me off was the white bits of trim- they are really horrid.

Pete

10 minutes ago, Peter2673 said:

Seriously, though, Toyota should note this. I'd love to upgrade my 2012 Plug in Prius, 

Pete

They have noted it, Standard Prius got a no cost option to select black or white a while back and now with the midlife facelifts of both Prius and Plugin the interior colour is now Black as standard and five seats in the plugin

Oh Wow! Thanks for telling me that. Just the small boot then?

I like the white bits looks good to me.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Catlover said:

+1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

2 hours ago, kithmo said:

+1

+2 !

I guess it's lucky we don't all like exactly the same things.

Too many cars have far too much black inside for my taste - in fact, the first time I considered a Toyota was a Carina E in the early 90s - it was 100% black inside, apart from the windows (and some of those are nearly black these days) - I declined a test drive and told the salesman if a I had day's journey in it I'd have been wanting to slash my wrists before the end of it. I went for a Vauxhall Cavalier with a nice blue interior.

When they screw the lid on my coffin I guess I'll put up with being surrounded by gloom, but until then...

... but each to their own.

• Like 1

I’ve just been looking at the Toyota website – as far as I can see it does not yet have detail and specification for the 2019 update.

Can anyone post a link that will take me to some more information?

Thanks

Pete 

2 minutes ago, PeteB said:

+2 !

I guess it's lucky we don't all like exactly the same things.

Too many cars have far too much black inside for my taste - in fact, the first time I considered a Toyota was a Carina E in the early 90s - it was 100% black inside, apart from the windows (and some of those are nearly black these days) - I declined a test drive and told the salesman if a I had day's journey in it I'd have been wanting to slash my wrists before the end of it. I went for a Vauxhall Cavalier with a nice blue interior.

When they screw the lid on my coffin I guess I'll put up with being surrounded by gloom, but until then...

... but each to their own.

A few years ago I went to look at a BMW estate, the car itself was black, and I dislike black cars - really dislike them, but I just wanted to sit in one and look under the engine. Even the interior roof lining was black!  Took keys back to sales office and said "it was like getting into a coffin". Dont know why I said that cause I never yet been in a coffin.

I did eventually buy a BMW saloon, it was a diesel and it was silver. Nice car to drive. 

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

A few years ago I went to look at a BMW estate, the car itself was black, and I dislike black cars - really dislike them, but I just wanted to sit in one and look under the engine. Even the interior roof lining was black!  Took keys back to sales office and said "it was like getting into a coffin". Dont know why I said that cause I never yet been in a coffin.

I did eventually buy a BMW saloon, it was a diesel and it was silver. Nice car to drive. 

When I bought my first Avensis estate I bought an ex-management TR v buying a brand new Vx Vectra Elite estate. The Vx was better equipped, drove better & was cheaper because it was end of life for that model (-56% off list! 😲) but at that time I was doing a lot more miles & the thought of spending many hours per day, every working day in an interior that seemed like the Black Hole of Calcutta ... 😱

Slightly harder for me, Carina was better equipped and quicker than the Cavalier (top of range petrol 2.0 CD auto), and it was a company car.  Not much in the price, anyway.  If the Carina had a choice of interior I'd have chosen it.

13 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Slightly harder for me, Carina was better equipped and quicker than the Cavalier (top of range petrol 2.0 CD auto), and it was a company car.  Not much in the price, anyway.  If the Carina had a choice of interior I'd have chosen it.

Hmm, not sure that was harder - I bought  a middle-trim, used car with my own money that didn't drive as well, was less well equipped & cost more than a brand new top-of-the-range competitor ...  If the Vectra had a different interior I would have gone with it (I was coming out of an Omega estate as the last in a line of Vxs).

56% off list - wow,  Interesting you were interested in a Vectra estate. I traded the BMW saloon, which was 9 year old when I bought it, for a 6 year old Vectra estate.  Actually I found the Vectra estate just as nice to drive as the BMW.  I then traded in the Vextra estate for a 59 plate TSpirit Yaris 1.4 diesel with 6 gears. Loved that as well. 

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

56% off list - wow, 

That's what I thought! It was a dealer stock, top-of-the-range estate that was probably already out of production with the Insignia incoming - they wanted to shift it rather than get left with it!

Why don’t you just get the white parts wrapped?

On 6/3/2019 at 4:31 PM, Peter2673 said:

I’ve just been looking at the Toyota website – as far as I can see it does not yet have detail and specification for the 2019 update.

Can anyone post a link that will take me to some more information?

Thanks

Pete 

All there now: https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/prius/

I seem to have got a facelifted prius that you can't actually configure: business edition with SIPA  🙂  Maybe the first few cars were special?

I like the black bits, but you do have to keep dusting them.