Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Toyota Corolla hybrid owner

vjekan

Hello everyone! 

I joined this forum since I'm waiting for my new Corolla TS 2.0 hybrid to arrive somewhere mid-July.

I'm from Croatia and my wife and I currently drive 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and love the car since it has served us very well for the last 5 years since we bought it used. Since we are planning a family and also wanted a newer car, we decided to go with the new Corolla TS. We'll keep the little Ford as the second car as well.

Coming from the 1.4 TDCi with 68 HP to a 2.0 hybrid with 180 and completely different engine and drivetrain, it will definitely be a change but a positive change.

Initially, we were looking for the new Kia Proceed but since the waiting period for a new one is 9 months, we wanted to check other options before pulling the trigger and I'm glad we did because the new Corolla is a level above the Kia, in general, I would say. I was more expensive compared to the Kia with the relatively same performance, but I can justify the price difference due to the hybrid powertrain.

Anyway, that's a short introduction from me. I'll join in other topics on he forum.

Tnx,

Tom

Hello Tom - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hello and welcome Tom 😄 enjoy the club.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:31 AM, vjekan said:

Hello everyone! 

I joined this forum since I'm waiting for my new Corolla TS 2.0 hybrid to arrive somewhere mid-July.

I'm from Croatia and my wife and I currently drive 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and love the car since it has served us very well for the last 5 years since we bought it used. Since we are planning a family and also wanted a newer car, we decided to go with the new Corolla TS. We'll keep the little Ford as the second car as well.

Coming from the 1.4 TDCi with 68 HP to a 2.0 hybrid with 180 and completely different engine and drivetrain, it will definitely be a change but a positive change.

Initially, we were looking for the new Kia Proceed but since the waiting period for a new one is 9 months, we wanted to check other options before pulling the trigger and I'm glad we did because the new Corolla is a level above the Kia, in general, I would say. I was more expensive compared to the Kia with the relatively same performance, but I can justify the price difference due to the hybrid powertrain.

Anyway, that's a short introduction from me. I'll join in other topics on he forum.

Tnx,

Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom, I think you have made a great choice. Well done on keeping the Fiesta, an excellent car, and if I didn’t buy the Yaris Hybrid the Fiesta would have been my second choice.