Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Townace 2C-T Injector Pump/Glow Plug Wiring Woes

eddhawkes

Hi everyone,

I've recently acquired a 1991 Toyota Townace. It's great but I can't find much in the way of online forums to ask questions about it. The best resource I've found is Ace Answers (http://www.townace.plus.com/index.html) but that seems to be closed to new posts. 

The Townace caught fire last week and I've traced it back to the aftermarket alarm/immobiliser so I've decided to just remove it entirely. The problem I have is that two wires from the alarm module under the dash ran back to the injector pump/glow plug area of the engine bay and were connected to two blue wires which appear to come from behind the injector pump. Now I've removed the alarm wiring, I can't see anywhere obvious where these two loose wires should go. I've attached a photo of the offending wires. I have a green connector which you can see in the background of the photo which isn't connected to anything and a gray connector just above the diesel filter.

DSC_0145.thumb.JPG.07815be6d0d655eaaee03ff9ca4787e1.JPG

DSC_0147.thumb.JPG.29ae4e6966455e7877bdf881d2c701df.JPG

Can anyone tell me what those two blue wires are for? Anyone know what those unconnected connectors are for?

I've emailed the alarm company to see if they would send me a copy of the wiring diagram but they want to charge me for one. I don't want to pay for the diagram for something I'm removing and I haven't had much luck finding a wiring diagram for the Townace.

Thanks in advance,

Edd

I'm afraid there's not much info. around on these old buses these days, Edd...might be worth seeing if there's anything out there on social media..clubs/groups etc

Thanks for the reply. I did think that would be the case. I've found a Facebook group for the Townace but even that isn't very active. 
The search continues...

For people who might Google this in the future, I've discovered after extensive Googling that the blue wire goes to the fuel cut-off solenoid. I'm guessing it's not going to run without that connected, so I'm going to have to find out where that takes its feed from.

Still a bit clueless about the black wire. WIll report back.

• 1 month later...

an update on this for anyone Googling in the future. I discovered that these two wires should be connected together. One goes to the fuel cut-off solenoid, which requires a switched 12v and the other is a switched 12v. 

Turns out the Townace wouldn't start because the starter motor internals had all melted together. Not sure if that was caused by the short or if it's just coincidence.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links