Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android Media for Toyota Auris II 2014 (preface lift)

DracarB

Hello everyone,

I've stumbled upon a video on YouTube that shows an Android Media for Toyota Auris II (2014): 

I really like it but unfortunately they do not ship it internationally, they are located in Italy.

So I've started looking on eBay and Amazon but no luck. I've found something similar on Aliexpress and the seller claims it works for Toyota Auris II but he is not sure about the hybrid information displayed. I am willing to give up that information since I'm not using it at all. Also, seller claims I don't need to cut any wires, factory camera and wheel controls work as normal on the Android Media.

Does anybody have a diagram how to remove the old media? I cannot find it anywhere. 😞

Thank you,

Dracar

• Like 1

First you will need to have the plastic removal tools to not leave any marks.

I'm guessing you need to remove the plastic trim, it should pop out, and underneath that there should be few screws that hold the unit.

As for the unit, there was a similar topic recently where they installed a Kenwood unit, which worked with steering wheel controls, but a small adapter was also needed for this, it was cheap, granted it was 1st gen, but i presume they will have stuff for 2nd gen.

Managed to find a video about it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LP_Tl_ASU

15 minutes ago, furtula said:

I'm guessing you need to remove the plastic trim, it should pop out, and underneath that there should be few screws that hold the unit.

As for the unit, there was a similar topic recently where they installed a Kenwood unit, which worked with steering wheel controls, but a small adapter was also needed for this, it was cheap, granted it was 1st gen, but i presume they will have stuff for 2nd gen.

Managed to find a video about it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LP_Tl_ASU

Awesome video, thank you so much! 

About the adapter, seller said that he will sent a canbus box which will read information from wheel controls.

Interesting....!

Pls keep us informed of the progress and installation.

Of course. I'll update this topic after the installation process.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the media and I have to say it's fantastic. It's just like the one in the video I mentioned above.

Everything works, and I'm happy:

• the hybrid information is displayed correctly;
  • steering wheel control works as original car media;
  • reverse camera image looks bigger now, thanks to the bigger display;
  • sound seems slightly better than original car media;
  • call quality is better;
  • thanks to the 4 gigs and 8 core cpu, media is very snappy.
  • cold starting takes about 2-3 seconds, faster than original car media;
  • GPS lock is fast, around 3-5 seconds.

Why did I buy it? Because I can use Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, Youtube and other nice Android apps without messing with my dashboard looks.

The best thing of all? Installation can be made by anyone, it takes only 30 mins. No need to cut any wire, just plug in the existing wires into the media.

Costs? Around 400 USD (~318 pounds):

1. Android Media for Toyota Auris - 290 USD (~225 pounds)
  2. DHL shipping (3-5 days from pickup) - 40 usd (~32 pounds)
  3. Import Taxes - 70 usd (~56 punds)

If there is somebody interested, PM me and I will give the seller's contact information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice that it all works out of the box, and with basic price of 225 GBP, it's not overly expensive compared to similar units.

Can you maybe drop us a picture or two, to see how it looks in the car?

I managed to take some photos here:

IMG_20190704_163416.jpg

IMG_20190704_163423.jpg

IMG_20190704_163446.jpg

IMG_20190704_163454.jpg

IMG_20190704_163500.jpg

IMG_20190704_163512.jpg

• Like 5

Have you tried the aux / iPhone connectivity via the cable? And via bluetooth?

Do the buttons light up when car-lights are turned on? And does the colour match the rest of the dashboard lighting?

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, furtula said:

And was it really that simple...?

I haven't tried the AUX cable as I listen music directly from the media (radio, spotify or youtube). bluetooth music works well with my android phone, not sure about iPhone, haven't tested.

When you turn on the lights, the screen dimms and buttons light up. Colour does not match with the dashboard, it's a different kind of blue. so I turned button lights off.

Yes, it was extremely simple to remove the dash covers, thank to furtula's video link. It took around 30 mins all installation process.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you add a link to the device you ordered by any chance. 

I posted a message via alibaba where you can request specific products. Some seller contacted me and this is how I found it. Not sure if he sells online. From what I understand, he has a factory from which he buys specific media navigation. If you want, I can give you his contact details. Just let me know.

Yes I would love the details 

thanks

I guess it does not support DAB+?

No, it does not. Also, it does not support 4G internet sticks, only 3G.

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, DracarB said:

I have installed the media and I have to say it's fantastic. It's just like the one in the video I mentioned above.

Everything works, and I'm happy:

• the hybrid information is displayed correctly;
  • steering wheel control works as original car media;
  • reverse camera image looks bigger now, thanks to the bigger display;
  • sound seems slightly better than original car media;
  • call quality is better;
  • thanks to the 4 gigs and 8 core cpu, media is very snappy.
  • cold starting takes about 2-3 seconds, faster than original car media;
  • GPS lock is fast, around 3-5 seconds.

Why did I buy it? Because I can use Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, Youtube and other nice Android apps without messing with my dashboard looks.

The best thing of all? Installation can be made by anyone, it takes only 30 mins. No need to cut any wire, just plug in the existing wires into the media.

Costs? Around 400 USD (~318 pounds):

1. Android Media for Toyota Auris - 290 USD (~225 pounds)
  2. DHL shipping (3-5 days from pickup) - 40 usd (~32 pounds)
  3. Import Taxes - 70 usd (~56 punds)

If there is somebody interested, PM me and I will give the seller's contact information.

Hi,

Can I ask you for a link to buy this Android unit, please? I searched the entire internet and it seems I’ve finally found what I needed.. Please, I want to buy it as a Christmas gift for my dad. 

thank you! 

Hi!

I've sent you a message with the seller details (I don't have a link, but have a skype and whatsapp contact). Hope it helps!