Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 1800 avensis rough running fix

fixitphil

Today had a pleasent result. For the last year or more car has not been as smooth as when first bought 18 short years ago. Poor start up/ warm up tick over and when warmed up normal tickover oscillating between 700rpm to shudder low revs to pickup again. Yesterday engine warning light on so had to bite the bullet and sort the fault. Long story short, the original vacuum link from MAP sensor to manifold (yes MAP sensor) looked fine till I disconnnected it and found extreme fatigue failure cracks and also slack fit to the device spiggot.  New pipe ty wrapped on superb smooth running motor.  I had couple of weeks before checked and cleaned most of the snap on electrical connectors just in case corrosion effects.  Non present.

Cost of fix absolutely nowt,   the perfect price.  I am now content to drive through heavy traffic again.

Best of luck one happy Fixitphil

• Like 3

Probably a good idea to check the other vacuum lines in the engine bay. Nice results.