Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heat from behind glove box t sport

Ben93

My t sport was baking today behind glove box mrs legs were getting hot pulled over temp gauge normal coolant just under the max on header tank. Took glove box out ecu was scolding hot but I believe the heat is Clint from matrix pipes the 2 metal pipes you couldn't even touch for a second they were baking hot. The whole of in that area behind glove box was like a radiator. I am not driving car now at moment as I'm worried. Only non oem stuff behind there is stereo wires and subwoofer wires but the sub live is fused and it has an earth cable properly put In too. Any ideas what's causing the heat if it is the matrix or something electrical. No one seems to have had this fault before. 

Does your profile need updating from the Corolla D4D.

yes can't work out how to change it though. I'm unsure if it's electrics or the heater matrix pipes causing electrics to get hot. Not sure if there's meant to be a cover around the pipes but there's not this is what's there when glove box is out. Just worried not no way glovebox should get warm let alone ecu getting quite hot etc. But can't see them matrix pipes heating it up that much in there. 

6bf9b46d-c882-416c-bc5e-53cd3a2fe641.jpg

e8c49a26-a5c3-42b3-bbf3-c8cfbe79a3eb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an undercover tray? This shields any hear if the heater is on. Else pipes will be cooler normally. Is your car thermostat midway?

Hi,

Bit surprised if those short bits of  pipes would cause the ecu to be scalding hot ..?

Quickest way to prove if they are the problem is to get a couple of Clamps, say brake hose clamps, and in the engine bay, clamp off the two heater rubber hoses just by the bulkhead.

Give it a good run and see if the ecu and glove box still overheat .

Are  the Audio mods something recent ?  any  other electrical changes done recently  ?

Oops  -  old post  ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links