Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Yaris - looking to fit a single DIN radio

Tony.Rogers

I have a Sony DAB single DIN radio which I want to put in the Yaris.

I have found this faceplate : http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors/toyota/yaris/ct24ty06-facia-plate-for-toyota-yaris-2003-2006

The page states it's for a 2003-2006 Yaris, which suggests it's the right one, but there's a hole in the centre at the bottom which is, I assume, for the cigar lighter. But the Yaris has the cigar lighter over to the right, not central, and also has an ashtray.

So is this top he right faceplate? 

Or does someone have any info where I could get the right one?

Thanks in advance.

I've fitted a single din Pioneer unit to my 2005 Yaris T Sport & didn't need any kind of faceplate as it's quite a snug fit in the gap that's there. 

20190607_192310.jpg

1 hour ago, Silver Yaris said:

I've fitted a single din Pioneer unit to my 2005 Yaris T Sport & didn't need any kind of faceplate as it's quite a snug fit in the gap that's there. 

20190607_192310.jpg

Interesting, so you put it in as well as the existing one and just wired it in instead.

Exactly, all oem fittings are still in place. The digital display now just shows time & trip computer rather than radio stations. Much better option than trying to remove the oem one & fill gaps, etc.

Thank you. Did you use some sort of Y connector, or did you splice in the wires?

or does the car already have the right connectors and you just unplug them from the standard unit and connect to the new one?

11 minutes ago, Tony.Rogers said:

Thank you. Did you use some sort of Y connector, or did you splice in the wires?

or does the car already have the right connectors and you just unplug them from the standard unit and connect to the new one?

I did mine about 4 years ago & from memory I just used the standard connectors as I don't recall buying or using anything other than the head unit and a DAB aerial.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

can you remember how the facial comes off?

12 hours ago, Tony.Rogers said:

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

can you remember how the facial comes off?

Found a YouTube video on how to take it apart, so should be ok now thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

You will need an ISO-harness like the Connects2 CT20TY01.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links