Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining mileage

Cbatoday

Do the Auris and Corolla hybrids not allow you to see what the remaing fuel range is

Is this due to not being able to calculate petrol to Battery usage

Find this helpful when driving or have I missed finding it (driving auris at moment until recieve delievery of the corolla)

The wife’s 2010 Auris hybrid shows fuel range, not a clue with new Corolla hybrid. 

Was at my local Toyota dealer yesterday for my Prius third service. Again, no Corolla in the showroom. There was an estate outside, looked like the test car. 

Agh found it 

4 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

Do the Auris and Corolla hybrids not allow you to see what the remaing fuel range is

Is this due to not being able to calculate petrol to battery usage

Find this helpful when driving or have I missed finding it (driving auris at moment until recieve delievery of the corolla)

My Corolla shows miles range based on what's left in the tank, I assume it works this out based on fuel left multiplied by average fuel used, in simple terms.  I don't think it could take the Battery into the equation as it will not know what type of driving you are going to do for the remainder of the tank.  Might be wrong, only someone in the know at Toyota would be really be able to fully answer!

& bearing in mind that Toyotas typically count range down to a reserve amount & not empty (iirc you don't want to run out of fuel in a hybrid as I understand it is a complex procedure to restart)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, Heidfirst said:

& bearing in mind that Toyotas typically count range down to a reserve amount & not empty (iirc you don't want to run out of fuel in a hybrid as I understand it is a complex procedure to restart)

Never thought about what happens if you ran out of fuel