Do Not Sell My Personal Information

possible wrong oil type

Makedo

I have a question for the experts on the forum

I have just changed the oil and filter on my 2008 T180 which has done 132,500 miles

I ordered my oil and did not notice until I came to refill it that it said is was for Fords

It is Triple QX Synplus fully synthetic 5/30

Will this oil be harmful to my engine

I change my oil and filter about every 5,000 miles

Thanks

If it's the same specification, and by that I mean more than just the viscosity, as your engine requires then no issue, if not, you're taking a risk you might regret. From what I can see it looks like this isn't the correct oil, but you'd need to check using your registration or in your manual to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks I’ll check 

Preferred grade is:

0w30 C2

However:

5w30 C2 is acceptable

The C2 part is the most important bit as it means the oil is a low SAPS ( sulphated ash, phosphorus and sulphur ) which is required to protect the DPNR fitted to your T180

• 2 weeks later...

In the user manual for my 2007 D4D 2.0 it says that B1 is the spec for Non-DPF models such as mine, the link for the Ford oil says it is B1 so that should be OK for non-DPF. The manual goes on to say that for DPF models it should be C2, but B1 can be used at a push (or words to that effect).

Question I have is would there be any problem running the non-DPF car on C2 ? Also, can C1 or C3 be used in place of C2 as these are also low(or lower) SAPS oils ?

Thanks

non-DPF will be fine on C1, C2, C3.

Thanks I’m fairly sure it’s got a DPF just in case I’ve changed it again for C2 . Thanks to everyone for all the replies and useful advice 

DPF models are denoted by the D-CAT tag and I think the D4D marking on the plastic engine cover in the engine bay can be coloured green.

24 minutes ago, Makedo said:

Thanks I’m fairly sure it’s got a DPF just in case I’ve changed it again for C2 . Thanks to everyone for all the replies and useful advice 

if it's a T180 it has a DPF (actually a DPNR).

Thank you all your replies have brrn very helpful

Sorry trying to type while on the phone should have read

Thank you all your replies have been very helpful