Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 D4D not starting after head gasket replacement

Safi

On 7/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, Safi said:

Hello All

I went to collect the car yesterday after been told on Tues 24th July  @ 6pm that it ready, excitedly I went along on Wednesday, to find that he is now saying the Turbo is whining and needs a replacement or repaired, I am now totally lost, as this was tested by a Turbo company and was ok with no play and spinning fine.

The turbo company wanted to know the oil pressure which at Idle 2 Bars, 30psi and revving 3 bars 45 psi .  He also did ask how much oil was going to the turbo but the mechanic did not answer, guessing 250ml  the not sure what that means.

Can anyone tell me how long to take the turbo out and refit, bearing in mind the wiper motor panel was not fitted

What would cause the turbo to whine ? and what checks can I do to ensure that the replacement will not fail,again.?

Many thanks again

Safi

Hi Safi, I would appreciate if you could tell me if you managed to get your Avensis sorted and what it turned out to be as I have what seams to be the very same problem with 2011 Avensis. Kind regards 

by chance would it start back into life if got a good pull start along with another car towing it .sometimes nearly as handy just putting another engine into the car than do all that work to it 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links