Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Icon Tech 2019

sufy

Hi, i ordered a Yaris Icon Tech 19 plate and was wondering, will this come with the Toyota safety sense 2?

Yes

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Yes

Are you sure? cause there's a difference between safety sense and safety sense 2 which is newer.

So does this have the lane departure where if you go off track, then the steering assists helps you a little?

Sorry, no it has safety sense - not safety sense 2. Didn't see the '2' in your post. Cannot see Toyota will install the updated system on the Yaris until the next generation comes out (2020??).

Hi again, just a question, just got my new car today and the door windows were steaming up as i was driving from the showroom to home. The front window was fine but the door windows steamed up and i couldn't get rid of it. 

What's the setting i have to put it on so the door windows don't get steamed up?

Thanks

Windscreen or footwell/windscreen.  Check whether the air flow control is on recirc or fresh air - if on recirc, this may be why the car is misting up. Use the air con with the heater and this should provide faster demisting. 

& obviously make sure that vents are open & directed across the door windows.

Thanks for all the answers.

Just another thing. Being mine is a 1.5 petrol, i manage to stall so many times as i drove a diesel for quite some time. The clutch in my 2019 Toyota Yaris Icon Tech has really short travel, any tips on what i can do to not stall. It's really difficult for me.

Thanks 

Use a bit more pressure on the accelerator. Practice on an empty car park may help. Just a matter of getting used to the different characteristics between petrol and diesel.

41 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Use a bit more pressure on the accelerator. Practice on an empty car park may help. Just a matter of getting used to the different characteristics between petrol and diesel.

so in petrol, is it accelerator first then clutch? or the opposite?

Suppose to get used to the petrol car, use a bit more accelerator first. Ideally in time as you get used to the car, it should be a simultaneous action - bring the clutch up and depress the accelerator as you bring the clutch up.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Enjoy your new Yaris, whether petrol or diesel it should be accelerator first, Diesel engine will not stall as quick as petrol.

• Like 1

Hi, just seen some rust like orange stuff on my alloys which looks like rust on my new Yaris icon tech. It's the front 2 wheels that have got it. How could that have happened? as i have had the car for only 3 weeks.

I have also had mud flaps installed to take care of the wheels and still this happened.

I'll try and take some pics of it.

Most likely the dust is the "bedding in" of the front brake pads and will subside, but pictures would help.

Mudflaps will do nothing for the wheels at all, they are there to catch/cut down the spray coming off your wheels keeping it away from your bodywork on the front and reducing spray coming of the back of the car helping to keep your rear screen clearer on the rear. Mudflaps offer no protection to the wheels 

• Like 1

Yeah so here it is, when i scrape it, it does seem to go away.

IMG_20190624_215852.jpg

I'm sure others will back me up here, that's not your wheels, It's your discs! They're a ferrous material and will show rust immediately after getting wet. Was this photo taken just after washing the car? Take it for a drive round the block, apply the brakes heavily a few times and then see what they look like. I always do this after washing mine.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

I'm sure others will back me up here, that's not your wheels, It's your discs! They're a ferrous material and will show rust immediately after getting wet. Was this photo taken just after washing the car? Take it for a drive round the block, apply the brakes heavily a few times and then see what they look like. I always do this after washing mine.

sorry yeah, it's my discs lol oops

No, it's not been cleaned since i got it from the showroom.

Yeah i can try that, take it for a spin tomorrow and see if it goes.

Thanks

Yep its the brake discs, perfectly normal its just light corrosion where water has got onto the disc nothing unusual and will clear as soo as you apply the brakes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yep its the brake discs, perfectly normal its just light corrosion where water has got onto the disc nothing unusual and will clear as soo as you apply the brakes.

Cool, got scared for a minute. I was thinking to myself, how can this be happening to a brand new car that's only three weeks old lol

On 6/24/2019 at 10:53 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Went for a drive the other day and yup, all gone. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sometimes my Yaris Icon Tech 2019 won't pick speed up (even though i press the accelerator down) and will tell me to downshift. Why does that happen? as it's really annoying, and it also happens when i'm driving on a motorway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 hours ago, sufy said:

Hi, sometimes my Yaris Icon Tech 2019 won't pick speed up (even though i press the accelerator down) and will tell me to downshift. Why does that happen? as it's really annoying, and it also happens when i'm driving on a motorway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You are driving a small capacity non turbo petrol engine which will be markedly down on torque compared to the diesel you used to drive, if you are pressing the accelerator and the car is not accelerating quick enough for you then do as the car is suggesting and change down a gear or two and use the rev range as the car is designed, peak power from your engine starts at 4400 rpm so use the revs if you want the car accelerate quicker.

5 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

You are driving a small capacity non turbo petrol engine which will be markedly down on torque compared to the diesel you used to drive, if you are pressing the accelerator and the car is not accelerating quick enough for you then do as the car is suggesting and change down a gear or two and use the rev range as the car is designed, peak power from your engine starts at 4400 rpm so use the revs if you want the car accelerate quicker.

Thanks for replying. I have a 1.5 petrol, i'm sure that's not a 'small capacity' engine for it to do that?

Thanks

It doesn't really matter it's capacity (although 1.5l is smallish) but a normally aspirated petrol will have relatively low torque low down compared with an equivalent-sized turbodiesel & with peak power produced quite high up the rev. range (exactly where will depend upon camshaft timing etc.). If you are out of the power band you need to drop a gear (or two) to get back in it.

Devon Aygo says that the power band on your car's engine is from 4400rpm, by contrast there woud be no point in going to 4400 rpm in most turbodiesels as you would actually be through the peak power for most of them by then as they produce max. typically between 1800-3000rpm.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2019 at 11:49 PM, Heidfirst said:

It doesn't really matter it's capacity (although 1.5l is smallish) but a normally aspirated petrol will have relatively low torque low down compared with an equivalent-sized turbodiesel & with peak power produced quite high up the rev. range (exactly where will depend upon camshaft timing etc.). If you are out of the power band you need to drop a gear (or two) to get back in it.

Devon Aygo says that the power band on your car's engine is from 4400rpm, by contrast there woud be no point in going to 4400 rpm in most turbodiesels as you would actually be through the peak power for most of them by then as they produce max. typically between 1800-3000rpm.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've realised that, if there's a slight incline on the road the car will tell me to downshift.