Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4D shaking when AC is ON

Golday

Hi guys, today i noticed that my yaris 2008 when AC is on starts to vibrate. The vibration is low but im not sure if its normal, also when i turn off the AC the vibration is gone completly. 
No lights on the dash. 

Do you get any vibration when you put the fan on, or is only when AC is on?

• Thanks 1

Only  when AC is on. I already checked the radiator fan, doesnt seem to be the problem, im afraid its the compresor or the little vibration is normal(not sure since i have been using the car for about 2 months and i havent needed the ac till now)

What happens to the engine revs when you turn on the a/c? Some engines slow, while others automatically increase the revs. If yours slows, what happens when you apply an alternator load such as headlights, HRW, fog lights, brake lights all together?

Engine may vibrate more if revs are increasing due to AC. But are you getting cold air? To analyse the problem you need to check the low and high pressure, I just check the low pressure:

Edited by m456an
Added video

Hi, try putting a screw driver or steel rod on the pump and the other end to your ear. If the pump bearing is shot at, you'll hear the noise of it. Failing that check the hoses etc are routed and clamped correctly. If Your pump pulls in and runs OK you shouldn't need to get a gas check, as if the gas pressure is low the system will not operate.

1. AC works and blows cold air
2. Revs seems to incrase when i turn on the AC or stay the same(not sure) 
As i said before, the vibration is very minimal, does your yaris vibrate more when AC is on ?  Mostly i can feel the vibration on the stering weel, and goes completly when driving. 

Hi again, OK when you select A/C on you're putting an extra load on the engine. This is similar to putting all the lights/heating load onto the Alternator, You would have to increase the Rev's to compensate. Try selecting A/C with the car at rest, when the vib' starts, increase the RPM. If the vib' clears then that's your problem, the engine is labouring at low RPM. Try waiting until you're moving before selecting A/C. 

Already tried that, and yes the vibration seems to go away.