Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2015 E18 1,2T interior dome light

poppop1000

Hi! Cannot take the bulb out. Case is open, but is there some way to get the bulb out? I pull it very hard. Nothing happens..

So, the roof lights.  Front or back?

I know this isn't really what you are asking, but, the front looks like this if you end up having to remove the fitting completely:-

P1120239.thumb.JPG.4a7782aba3e0ef571038bc77a24ba1ef.JPGP1120241.thumb.JPG.dc349986bad8a8ebcc853a3fea127dcb.JPG

The four white clips in the picture look similar, the ones at the front are really stiff.  The back ones are easier, but the plate they attach to is not solidly fixed to the roof, so it bends slightly as you attempt to remove the light fixing.

I would carry on trying what you are doing rather than remove the whole lot, it's very stiff to remove.  It was a pain to get this one out.

I've not removed the bulbs, so I cant offer much as a suggestion, what about some rubber pipe slid over the bulb?.

In the first picture the bulbs sit in the black plastic caps which come out after a quarter turn, but from the front they must simply pull out.

4 hours ago, Gerg said:

So, the roof lights.  Front or back?

I know this isn't really what you are asking, but, the front looks like this if you end up having to remove the fitting completely:-

P1120239.thumb.JPG.4a7782aba3e0ef571038bc77a24ba1ef.JPGP1120241.thumb.JPG.dc349986bad8a8ebcc853a3fea127dcb.JPG

The four white clips in the picture look similar, the ones at the front are really stiff.  The back ones are easier, but the plate they attach to is not solidly fixed to the roof, so it bends slightly as you attempt to remove the light fixing.

I would carry on trying what you are doing rather than remove the whole lot, it's very stiff to remove.  It was a pain to get this one out.

I've not removed the bulbs, so I cant offer much as a suggestion, what about some rubber pipe slid over the bulb?.

In the first picture the bulbs sit in the black plastic caps which come out after a quarter turn, but from the front they must simply pull out.

Yes. Roof lights. Back. Front was easy to pull out. Picture is wrong. How can I take the picture off?

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Picture removed

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.77036307a73b7b77424964b284f0177c.jpg665270564_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.52dd0f30c237ede97785023c7d222bb8.jpg

If you mean the one above, then I've no idea why the bulbs are difficult to remove.

I think it would make your job easier if you were able to take the whole light out of the roof first, perhaps, so you can see it more easily?  Removal is quick and simple.

If you decided to do this, you need to press on each of the copper-coloured clips (with a very thin flat blade screwdriver or the end of a steel ruler etc.) whilst gently pulling down on the light.  You don't necessarily have to press them all at the same time.  I have taken the light fitting out, but not removed the bulbs on this light.  The cable is secured with the usual press-in tang.

15 minutes ago, Gerg said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.77036307a73b7b77424964b284f0177c.jpg665270564_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.52dd0f30c237ede97785023c7d222bb8.jpg

If you mean the one above, then I've no idea why the bulbs are difficult to remove.

I think it would make your job easier if you were able to take the whole light out of the roof first, perhaps, so you can see it more easily?  Removal is quick and simple.

If you decided to do this, you need to press on each of the copper-coloured clips (with a very thin flat blade screwdriver or the end of a steel ruler etc.) whilst gently pulling down on the light.  You don't necessarily have to press them all at the same time.  I have taken the light fitting out, but not removed the bulbs on this light.  The cable is secured with the usual press-in tang.

First, Thank you. Can you show me other side of the case? That side, where the bulbs are.

Unfortunately not.  I have only taken one apart as far as these pictures show.

2 hours ago, Gerg said:

Unfortunately not.  I have only taken one apart as far as these pictures show.

Ill took a picture. Here is the bulbs. Stuck. DSC_0271.thumb.JPG.50bbc8c539d526766a79327d2ce033ee.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

Use the force. Someone said that😎

I afraid, that bulb blow up, if I squeeze too hard.

LED-lights on! 😊

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links