Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New owner of 2018 TS 1.2 cannot see how to setup functions

g3xda

Delivered yesterday a 1.2 design TS. Used family purchase scheme. Never had a Toyota before, looks a great car!

For the life of me I just cannot find how to set or adjust hardly any items. Not certain I am looking in the right place either!

Neither the touch to go screen or the small dash centre screen have very many options displayed. T2G vehicle customisation screen only displays the Door light, Climate and Light settings to adjust.

My first 2 priorities are that I would like the mirrors to fold when locked. and proximity bleeps to work when parking. Neither do at present. Rear camera does work.

I phoned Toyota help as I could not register the touch to go, it would not accept my usual Toyota account login, despite being connected to toyota.eu via tethered bluetooth phone. The advisor registered it manually for me. Still not got anywhere with car settings though.

Could it be that something major in the system may not have been set up or enabled before delivery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Topic title amended to reflect first registration

Probably need to connect to toyota.co.uk in the first instance.

As regards the auto folding mirrors, as far as I'm aware the Auris  doesn't have this feature.

You will have an abbreviated owners manual. One can download the full owners manual from https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual - one can either input the VIN or do a generic search

31 minutes ago, g3xda said:

Neither the touch to go screen or the small dash centre screen have very many options displayed. T2G vehicle customisation screen only displays the Door light, Climate and Light settings to adjust.

My first 2 priorities are that I would like the mirrors to fold when locked. and proximity bleeps to work when parking. Neither do at present. Rear camera does work.

Hi Robin, welcome to TOC. 🙂

Those are the only customisations normally displayed on Touch 2 with Go for user choice. The dealer can customise further things by connecting to the vehicle with Techstream.

You should be able to configure some of the TSS features on the small centre dash display.

The mirrors don't fold/unfold automatically on locking/unlocking afaik - you'll have to press the button. Daft question perhaps - is the car equipped with parking sensors? If it is, look for switches that can switch those off (front & rear would probably have separate switches).

Do you have the full manuals (not the quick start ones) for the car & infotainment? They are available for download from Toyota foc or your dealer should be able to order hard copies but at a cost (£30 each but negotiate with dealer - I ended up paying for 1 & they paid for the other).

Thank you for the replies.

Car was first registered 31 Jan 2018. I do have the correct downloaded manuals after entering my Vin on Toyota.co.uk. But it appears there are some differences compared to my car.

"Design" spec includes "Automatic retractable door mirrors" and "Front & rear parking sensors". But there is no third mirror switch like shown in "power mirrors" on page 179. Just L - R and direction. So, not even power mirrors fitted on my car, which is a great disappointment. UNLESS "automatic" as described means they SHOULD retract.

I get no warning at all if I drive forwards to within a foot of my garage.

I can see I am going to have to do some digging around.

Are the parking sensors turned on? Where are you getting the spec information? Is it a 2017 Auris as per the topic title or a 2018 as per your last post/profile?

Have you an idea where the setting is please? P.315 of the online handbook shows the Simple Intelligent Parking Assist has a switch located in a row below RH side of steering wheel. Mine only has the 2 mirror switches and the collision avoidance switch. Is the SIPA the only way the sensors give audible alert do you know?

Thanks, Rob

Where did you buy it from? I understand that some of the large car supersites have been known to source non-UK spec. but RHD cars overseas (e.g. Malta).

Have you looked to see if there are sensors in the front/rear bumpers? Are there switches inside to turn off parking sensors?

Manuals will always contain statements such as "where fitted" & "specifications may vary" so you can't always go by them 100%.

2 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

I understand that some of the large car supersites have been known to source non-UK spec. but RHD cars overseas (e.g. Malta).

Or Ireland. If it has been sourced from outside the UK, it won't have Toyota GB's five year warranty, which only applies to cars sold by Toyota GB.

it was first registered to Toyota fleet in Surrey. No signs of sensor bulges or caps, I assumed they were behind the trim??

Thanks, Rob

Front sensors are situated just below the headlights and above the foglights (small circle in bumper) -

image.thumb.png.4d2abaf49e9bc5bf618f69c22eaec842.png

Rear sensors are in the bumper below the number plate -

image.thumb.png.53675696f59e29265cc9f20275ec90de.png

If you haven't got these in the bumpers, parking sensors aren't fitted.

Yup. looks like it. I just checked an eBay picture.😟

Thanks, Rob

I would have thought that Toyota CS should be able to tell you if fitted with power mirrors & parking sensors. I suspect that yours is a 2017MY as the auto mirrors was an upgrade on Design for the 2018 MY.

Certainly if the vendor is a trader & you were specifically told that the car has these features then you should have some right of recourse under Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Yes, docs show as MY17. I am going to a Toyota dealer tomorrow to find out what differences there are compared with the sales booklet TS.

Thank you all for your help. At least i now know why I am unable to use or change certain functions.

Rob

With sales brochures, Toyota, and most other manufacturers, have a disclaimer in each brochure to say that specifications may change without notice.  It isn't proof that a particular car should include any item as part of it's specification.

"While every effort is made to reproduce accurate information, we reserve the right to change specifications, equipment and availability without prior notice. This brochure cannot be regarded as infallible (some of the vehicles shown may not be to exact UK specification), and as such does not constitute an offer for sale of any particular vehicle or specification. For the latest specification and availability, we ask that you contact your local Toyota Centre. Vehicle body colours may differ slightly from the printed images in this brochure."

MY18 Auris Design gained:

Front & Rear Parking Sensors • EC Rear View Mirror • Auto Fold Mirrors • Auto wipers • Auto headlights • Black Side Sills

Over the MY17

Thank you both!

Yes, disclaimers...

Would really  help if they stated spec as "NEW,  UPGRADED or LATEST Auris" or whatever, so you would have a warning to check any differences.

Thank you Devon Aygo for confirming what I am missing. I really mean it, I am NOT being sarcastic at all!

No doubt, the "local" dealer will confirm same tomorrow when I visit. A really nice and helpful chap on the phone though.

Interestingly, Toyota MY2017 Auris has very few results with Google. How was I to know it was not what i wanted? Certainly was not made clear.

It should not really be up to EVERY buyer to ask "WHAT exactly am I buying compared with your brochure, is it the same?" OR, maybe it should be? caveat emptor!

Thanks again, Rob.

Edited by g3xda
clarity

It can be difficult from a buyers perspective to establish what spec their car is, especially if buying used, and even when buying new.  A car first registered in January 2018 could have built been weeks or months beforehand.

Manufacturers often update their brochures every three or four times a year, and minor changes in spec do occur. For example when I bought my first Auris new in 2009, the April brochure showed  our grade had a storage drawer beneath the passenger seat, but that had been deleted from the July brochure.

Conversely we bought our current i20 new in July 2015, and when we collected the car, we found that ours had the steering headlights, LED daytime running lights, and the smartphone cradle/charger that plugged into the top of the dashboard. According to the current brochure, these were only standard on the next grade up.

3 hours ago, g3xda said:

Interestingly, Toyota MY2017 Auris has very few results with Google. How was I to know it was not what i wanted? Certainly was not made clear.

It should not really be up to EVERY buyer to ask "WHAT exactly am I buying compared with your brochure, is it the same?" OR, maybe it should be? caveat emptor!

Pretty much every car manufacturer changes specs. every model year - some even do it 1/2-yearly!

However, as I said earlier if you have bought it from a trader & they told you that it has those features then you have consumer rights.

OK, thanks everyone for your replies.

Best wishes, Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links