Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seals On Toyota Aygo 2013

KerryLou

So with the really bad wet weather suddenly the rear driver side passenger seat of my Toyota Aygo Fire is soaked. I can't see or feel any obvious 'leaks'. Went to local Toyota garage who wouldnt even come outside to look but quoted £80 for a water test then up to £300 for replacement of seals. According to him, it's a common issue and although my car is out of warranty, if it's a common issue Toyota are aware of, I'm confused as to why this isn't highlighted. It also seems ironic that the 'issue'  has started 4 weeks after a recall to replace the passenger side back window seal. 

Any ideas, experiences would help!

Thanks

On the first generation Aygo there can be water leaks from the high level brake light and the rear light clusters. As your rear seat has got wet, suspect the high level rear brake light in the first instance. Have a look at the following topic  

Unless there is evidence of water coming in through the rear side window, it is probably the high level rear brake light.

• 1 month later...

I bought some weather strip very cheap and fitted it around the holes in the body where the wires come through as advised on this thread and all seams to be ok , this has got to be the best solution , thanks for that 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links