Sign in to follow this  
Armyd

Radio code needed

Can anyone please help? I was doing some work and disconnected the Battery on my 2002 corolla and now the radio is asking for a code. The radio is model w58802. I've read its probably 0000 or 1234 or the last 4 digits of vin. 

I don't want to enter wrong codes then maybe locking the unit forever. 

Does anyone know which code is correct or how I can obtain (ideally without charge would be good) 

Have you tried taking the radio out? Usually people write the code on the inside of the radio, either on a piece of paper stuck to it, or just some pen on the metal.

No haven't yet, is it easy enough to do? It looks like the air vents come out with radio would that be correct? 

Hi Darren.

If you phone a Toyota main dealer and tell them you chassis code and reg. no. they may tell you the code down the phone for free.

Yes I believe if you enter the wrong code too many times it will lock you out of your radio.

Regards, Mike.

Are you the original owner?  If not, it may be worth looking into any documentation you have. In the past I have written the code on the front of the service book, or just inside, also the car manual/entertainment manual (if separate).

6 hours ago, Armyd said:

Can anyone please help? I was doing some work and disconnected the battery on my 2002 corolla and now the radio is asking for a code. The radio is model w58802. I've read its probably 0000 or 1234 or the last 4 digits of vin. 

I don't want to enter wrong codes then maybe locking the unit forever. 

Does anyone know which code is correct or how I can obtain (ideally without charge would be good) 

Would love to see a picture of that message as I have never heard of the old Corolla radios needing a security code.

Have had my Battery disconnected many times, even for an overnight charge,  but it never asked for any code when reconnected ....?

This is news to me as well... I installed a DAB-tuner on a 2004 model a few weeks a go, and the oem radio did not ask for a code upon reconnection. Can you confirm that this is indeed the an oem radio? As many aftermarket units had the option to input a personal code that you then had to input each time the stereo lost power, and we saw lots of cases where the code that was input by a user...was either forgotten or not passed along when the car was sold on.