Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I could be a new member

piers606

If this proves to be worthy of membership then I'll join your happy group. I think I may already have.

Found in a barn where it had been since 2001. The last owner never ran the vehicle so it's first cough of life for 18 years was only 3 weeks ago.  I/WE are interested to know what it is. Vehicle Type says RH20 RV-JRW Year of Manufacture 1980. Original 1587cc Engine (Runs well) super strong rust free chassis. Could JRW be a body builder? Has anyone seen anything similar.       Being on a Hyace/Hiace chassis that appears to be absolutely original it has a wheelbase at 2950mm or thereabouts which from what I can find is classified as Extra Long Wheelbase Africa & Eastern Asia Only.

Any help greatly appreciated as I/We intend returning the vehicle to it's original form............only I/We have no idea what that might have been. For info only it is a 6 berth unit.

Many thanks for looking, kind regards

Jim

Toyota2.thumb.jpg.c7fe9b2b5d84864f22fda8768a61b7ab.jpgToyota1.thumb.jpeg.41e10b2256f514b7420b73f8a2f1ef4f.jpeg 

Welcome to the club Jim,  that's a rare beast you've found. Good luck with your quest  it will definitely be interesting finding out the history of the Hiace. A few years ago Elldis used to make similar shaped motorhomes.

Hello and welcome Jim, nice looking motor "home" you have there 😄

Welcome Jim...a rare creation indeed and I'm sure it will be fun doing the research to see what you can find.

I'm sure it will be worth re-furbing/recommissioning it.

Any pics of the inside.?

I think there'd be quite a few who would follow it's re-awakening with great interest.

I will post a couple of interior shots later in the week. It's so period.

Are there in particular forums that you would recommend for parts sourcing. I/We will need an exhaust system complete with manifold as a starter. I just don't want to upset people by posting in the wrong areas.

TP49. An interesting link to Elddis. In case you didn't know Elddis is Siddle backwards. One time owner, Mr Siddle also owned and operated a transport firm in the NE. He wasn't a man to penny pinch and paved his entire transport yard in 9" block pavers. Guess he would have let the designers put a door on the vehicle? However it follows my train of thought that this could have been a rolling chassis supplied for whatever purpose you desired. Like Rolls-Royce used to do with several coach builders.

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

Regards

Jim

I managed to find a few pictures of similar shaped Elldis motorhomes. Let's hope I can insert them.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Many thanks for the shots, there is a strong similarity. I think it might be worth sending some shots to Elddis to see if it's in their achieves. Thinking that ours might be older than these or a prototype maybe. Such a basic construction method, no external lockers, wipers mounted below the screen and no scuttle hatch. Also no signs of bumper, skirt or front wheel arch moldings having been fitted. Most of the tin/ally work is riveted in place including inner wings, headlamp pods and headlamp surrounds. There are no signs of dash trimmings this is raw and functional. A 4 fuse fuse box to cover everthing. 

I'll try and post some better shots on Tuesday (Inc Interior)

Many thanks

Jim

• Thanks 1