Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Atkinson cycle

marlinleg

why do Toyota Rav 4 hybrid use the atkinson cycle engine ? and will it benefit from Shell v powe

Ok thanks I’ll give the car time to settle in 1000 miles or so then I’ll test it tankful to tankful  v-power and normal Shell , being retired I do same sort of journeys each week 20 town plus 60 fishing and back then 70 motorways . It will be interesting and coming from diesel it won’t seem to bad paying for Shell v-power 

So do you need to update your profile to show what car you have.

yes I will, I pick my car up 10:30 am Wednesday 19 th June 

I am looking forward to my new Toyota 

So update your profile to further enhance your anticipation.

Measuring tank vs. tank is normally not that accurate, fill discrepancies, air locks, fuel temperature, weather/air temp. etc. will likely put all results within the category of ‘margin of error’. To get a more accurate representation it’s normally better to try and take an average of more tanks vs. more tanks, though with the variability of the UK weather unless you do a lot of miles in a short period that could be anything from tropical to sub zero and anything in between.

thank you Alex 

Alex I asked a question on a motoring web site Will the RAV4 engine benefit from v-shell power the  answer

Run it on super unleaded the Atkinson cycle engine cuts in and out and runs at fixed rev bands so needs high octane fuel and it contains cleaning additives ,your thought and members thoughts please. Thank you 

I’ve not looked at the specifics of this engine in great detail, but if it’s mapped (from the factory) or able to *swear filter doesn’t like the technical term for the opposite of advancing the ignition*/advance the ignition (eg a simple knock sensor), to allow it to take advantage of higher octane fuel, then i’d run higher octane fuel where available personally. I suspect it’ll state in the manual that it can run on regular, simply due to availability in some locations.