Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2019 Sat Nav update

Goldy

OK, I'm lost - added the 2019 update to my 'MyToyota' account but there is no way to download it to USB (not that I can see?)

Any help appreciated here...

you will need to download it locally to a PC/Mac & then expand it (it's compressed) to an USB memory stick.

In the estore did you add it to your basket? did you go through the purchase process (albeit you won't actually be charged for it)?

You should get an activation code for your specific head unit & download link

That's the confusing bit, i added it to my basket - FOC as you say and got an email invoice for £0 but no link or code?

Any further information directs you to the old owners website that is no longer used... 

Thanks for your reply btw, just logged back in and it now shows in my purchase history with all of the download/ activation details.. maybe a delay here or me ?

• 1 month later...

I dread going the update, seems over complicated to me.

I’ve been trying to update my satnav. What a rewarding experience. 🙄First the download from the estore to my MacBook timed out. So I started again, finally finished this morning, I unzipped the file. This took another hour. Plugged the usb into the car, and.......nothing. So I am trying another usb, which I have emptied and reformatted, so I know it’s empty. Copied the files to this one, another hour of my life I’ll not see again. Plugged it into the car, usb light flickered and.........nothing. I give up. I’ll stick to using my TomTom from now on, at least that is simple to update. Why oh why can’t the car connect to my home WiFi and do this update that way I’ll never know. I’m just glad I don’t have to pay for the update.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone

I've got a basic model Toyota ch-r which has not got sat nav working unit , if I press the button it just says contact Toyota can anyone recommend an installer to get this up and running please preferably in the West Midlands area 

Many Thanks

Malc

Hi Malcolm, and welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

You probably read the above posts and how frustrated users are actually updating maps on their cars. They are updating software, your problem is you don’t have the hardware. So once you have the hardware you know what joys it is to update the software. 
Notice one of the users above says he has given up and going back to TomTom. By choice I use my smart phone with Waze software. I don’t pay for the updates and users have an input if there is a accident or road repair updates. So it’s way in front of any Toyota supplied sat nav software, and you have to pay for a Toyota updates once the car is 3 year old (think that may still apply). So with you fitted a unit into a used car you will be paying Toyota for updates, which is fair enough as costs are associated with updating maps. I don’t know how the likes of Waze or Here do it for free, you can get TomTom on smartphone but costs per month.            
As for who can help you in the Midlands, haven’t a clue, as I live in Cheshire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malcolm4657 said:

Hi everyone

I've got a basic model Toyota ch-r which has not got sat nav working unit , if I press the button it just says contact Toyota can anyone recommend an installer to get this up and running please preferably in the West Midlands area 

Many Thanks

Malc

Sat nav for the Touch 2 multimedia unit was a separate module, etc that fits into the rear of the unit. To buy new would be expensive. You could browse eBay, breakers, etc for used units with the module already fitted.

So many map update threads, I'll hang in on this week's:

We used a 'purple' road last week and this.  The new Lincoln eastern bypass in on the 2021v1 map but is marked as purple ie under construction.  Once on it the car bug follows the road but at each 'closed' junction tries to 'guide' you back to its proper route.  As long as you follow the new road signs you will be fine.

I must say, if you are near Lincoln and travelling on the A15 and to the east of Lincoln this is the road to use.  The views from the top of the southern ridge are stunning and the traffic is still light.  Surprisingly the road is single carriage way and I don't think they have future proofed it in any way.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

From what I can see, you need to log in to your MyToyota account. Then go to the eStore. On the top left hand side you should see three options

Purchases   Options   Basket

Click on the Purchases link and you should see a list of available items. I this list you should see the maps you want to download. Click on the maps and you should then see options to download to USB and download the activation code

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links