Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anttena Problem

RuiFonseca

I appreciate your help with my problem.
I apologize for my English.
I have a 2006 RAV4 (4.3) with 2.2 diesel engine.
I bought the car more or less 2 years ago, and since always I have problems in the reception of FM radio. In the city I get a reasonable FM radio, but when I leave the city I almost stop being able to listen to the radio stations)
I went to a workshop and they told me that the problem was from the source radio that I should put a new one. So I did, I had to install a new radio (Kenwood DMX7018BTS) but the problem remains the same.
I have tried to measure the continuity of the antenna wire, but it has been interrupted and the electrician said that the car has an antenna amplifier in the middle of the installation so that I can not check the proper functioning of the antenna.
Can someone help me by telling me where this antenna amplifier is located and if possible provide an outline with the wire path of the antenna?
Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
Thank you very much

I had same problem on my old car, which was non toyota, and now on a Toyota, tried putting different antena etc, still the same.

I guess the FM stations got their output power reduced, when i go to non EU countries, radios are loud and clear for 2x the range that i would get in EU.

If you want to fit another antenna, maybe better put it somewhere inside the dash or similar, instead of trying to use the old one, which you claim is not working anymore.

Anyway in my case it's the same, as soon as you leave the city, radio is more or less useless.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links