Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Long wait for my new Corolla!

bewA

I just ordered my Corolla last weekend (after a test drive) at the dealership and estimated handover/delivery is 31st July!

I'm getting the 1.8 hybrid Design (UK spec)

I have literally watched everything on YouTube and already downloaded and read the manuals!

I'm coming from 4 years of ford ownership and prior to that a Yaris and my beloved Altezza (2ltr automatic) which I miss!

Anyone else just ordered one and what sort of delivery date do you have?

Any advice to stop me from going crazy over the next few weeks!

That's not too bad a delivery date.

People ordering a new Rav4 now are being given delivery dates in 2020.

23 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

That's not too bad a delivery date.

People ordering a new Rav4 now are being given delivery dates in 2020.

Eeeek! 😲

Ordered my Corolla same spec you are getting at the start of March and picked it up at the end of May so you have got a good delivery time.  Just be aware originally I was given a mid April date but it went backwards! 

I'll check when the sales guy is back from holiday early July.

I wish there was order tracking with updated delivery times, I've seen already this is a common question) statement!

I ordered my 1.8 Hybrid Hatchback on the 23rd of February and was originally assured it'd arrive for the next weekend which would've been the day after my birthday (I was sceptical).

After that date went and passed with no delivery I kept in touch with the dealer but they then claimed they had no idea when it would arrive because Toyota's systems don't tell them that. It eventually arrived on the 21st of March, while I was away on holiday.

It was worth the wait but very frustrating.

I was 1st told 28th June but that it wouldn't be a guaranteed date. And now July 15th. I too ordered same spec but with the roof and few extras. I also watched everything on YouTube lol. Can't wait for collection.

I don't know how I'm going to cope if it's delayed!

I've not ordered any extras and the colour is white so maybe I'll be lucky.  I think the 6 weeks I've been given probably seems about average including some that have been delayed.

The dealer said they were only allocated to sell 2 a month!

I've started watching non English videos now, although I've noticed the European ones have an option for HUD! 😂

Yep I ordered white too. How much did you end up forking out? 

Lol spill the beans. I paid £25.250

I just picked up my 2020 corolla hybrid here in Canada today. I had a 50 km drive back home and I absolutely loved it! The adaptive cruise control is very cool and the lane assist took a bit of getting used to but wow, what value for my money!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clipper99 said:

I just picked up my 2020 corolla hybrid here in Canada today. I had a 50 km drive back home and I absolutely loved it! The adaptive cruise control is very cool and the lane assist took a bit of getting used to but wow, what value for my money!

Glad you enjoyed it, just a question that might sound picky, why in Canada and the US is it called the 2020 Corolla when it is only 2019?  Is this a US thing that Canada has adopted?

I think it’s been like this ever since I can remember. “Next years” models always come out the year before! LOL

I had a long wait for my Touring Sport but that was due the panoramic roof so I am told. Was well worth the wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hafilax said:

I had a long wait for my Touring Sport but that was due the panoramic roof so I am told. Was well worth the wait.

I suppose compared with others and the unfortunate RAV4 owners it's not to bad and I know it will be worth the wait but I'm driving myself mad 😂😂

Also hopefully the fact I've not added any extras to my Design would mean things should be relatively straightforward.

Ordered my Corolla Touring Sport Icon Tech Hybrid back in late March early April. Was told it'll be delivered this week but have just been told it'll be another 2 to 3 weeks. The only thing not standard about the car is that I wanted it in blue instead of white.

I ordered a Yaris Icon Tech and had to wait 3 weeks

4 minutes ago, sufy said:

I ordered a Yaris Icon Tech and had to wait 3 weeks

yep the other half ordered the same recently and it was about 3 weeks.

I ordered my new Corolla 2.0 Excel Touring Sport in March , the first delivery was due 6th May, that slipped to 21st June and is now promised w/c 10th July !!! Could it be the Pano roof or that they stopped the build for a Battery fault? - various reasons have been given to me for the delay - anyone else know the facts?

I must have been very fortunate - ordered my Corolla Touring Sports Design 1.8 hybrid on 22nd June and took delivery on 2nd July. 

I guess it depends on the size of the dealership.

I think the one I ordered from is relatively small but perhaps one like Steven Eagel probably get a bigger allocation of cars on tap.

I guess that's the only logical reasoning I can come up with (not saying I'm right).

I'm just hoping it's brought forward but mentally prepared for a delay!

I know it will be worth it tho!

So during the torturous wait the delivery date had changed twice from the 31st to the 24th and now it's the 18th so the actual handover is looking like next Saturday 20th!

Now arrived on the 10th 8-) 

IMG_4257.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice!! [emoji41]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links