Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wicked New Stereo

Debz

Hey Guys,

I got a new cd palyer unit for my car today as a birthday prezzie :D :D :D

Went to get it fitted, it is fab, great sound quality, looks classy, and much to play with!!! Comes with a remote and everything :o Its a JVC KD-G701.

When it was being fitted, the guy said there was some weird wiring issues from something previously that I know nothing about, and consequently, when the ignition is turned off (obv with stereo on) there is a swoooshed noise. :unsure:

Very odd, he had no clue what could be, anyone else had this, or know anything about toyota wiring ??

Also he said there was all sorts of amp equipment in there not wired in so now it sounds wicked and got rid of the auful interference i had. Very happy!!

But if anyone knows about this noise, interested to hear :D

Off to drink bubbly :P :D

God not another one, nothing offensive to you m8 but ive seen SO many people with toyota mr2 wiring problems even i had fun ;)

I bet you a fiver he wired it as normal to the car wiring, cause in the mr2 it has three TERRIBLE amps.... one main amp and two sub amps it caused me no end of problems, so i had to bypass the damn amps and wire Speakers direct to cdplayer.

The amps are of low quality compared to the cdplayer

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ST&f=19&t=18836

this is what i had to do ^

What kind of problems did you get with the stock amps/subs mate?

Reason I ask is that I had a CD player fitted to my car months ago and they told me (just like Debz) that there were amps/subs in there not wired up.

They hooked them up to the CD player and it sounded great. Now Im no slacker in the sound dept as I have a cracking surround sound setup in the house, so I can say in fairness that it doesnt sound too bad at all.

Why do there seem to be so many MR2's out there with the subs/amps not wired up? Were they like this from the factory? My MR2 only had one prev owner from new.

Why do there seem to be so many MR2's out there with the subs/amps not wired up? Were they like this from the factory? My MR2 only had one prev owner from new.

Strange that yours was not wired up, mine was and it sounded terrible i was also advised by every pro installer that i went to that keeping the amps in the car is not a good idea or simply bypass them. I have done so and it sounds the dogs without the amps , besides having a £400 alpine stereo i dont want it running through a 10 year old amp :)

you'll probably find that its the Jap's doing what they do best.

There will be all the right loom, and you just need to plug the switch / relay / etc in and it works.

What i'm trying to say is that they fit a loom with all the plugs, even if there not connected to anything - does that make sense??

I'm going to be fitting my VDO Headunit and (considering the lack of space) my VDO In-Dash changer into the two DIN's, what wiring problems can I exepect?

The old Headunit sounds shockingly bad! (I don't think it has those sub things under the seats)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links