Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Auris Gearbox Sweating

Motheo

So yesterday I was doing my oil change at 208000km and noticed that the gearbox is sweating a bit with oil.

I will giving the gearbox a good clean, so that I can trace the oil leak plus I am due gearbox oil change.

I am not sure if there is a seal that is used on drain plug.

Will take pics and upload tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

I have an idea that the hybrid transmission (which I have recently drained) uses the same washers as the manual box, if so, the hybrid/manual transmission uses an aluminium washer that is 2mm thick.  There is one on the drain plug and one on the fill plug.

• Like 1

I have an idea that the hybrid transmission (which I have recently drained) uses the same washers as the manual box, if so, the hybrid/manual transmission uses an aluminium washer that is 2mm thick.  There is one on the drain plug and one on the fill plug.
Thanks Greg for the info, I will go past my local Toyota Dealership and get the washers.

UPDATE :

so I went to toyota to get the washers and they supplied me with an incorrect size for the filler bolt (19mm) as it is a smaller washer that is needed.

The bottom washer was the correct size, so went ahead to drain the oil and refill.

I need to go to toyota again and get the correct size for filler bolt.

Gear changing feel much smoother and I am happy.

In other news:

I inspected my V Belt and noticed that it needs replacing, got a price of R920 for the OEM belt at toyota and opted to fit a MEYLE brand from GW Gold wave which cost R150

An old 'trick of the trade' is to use a few turns of plumber's PTFE tape on the threads of the fill/drain plugs. Almost guarantees no leaks.

I think the washers are 12mm ID, copper or aluminium. Get a bagful from a factor or from Amazon for the price of one from Toyota.  Just recently Toyota's UK spares prices have become stratospheric..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links