Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota 5+ service/MOT

Duffryn

Every time I click on this Forum I get a pop-up inviting me to join the Toyota 5+ club, which enables me to get a 20% discount on my service/MOT requirements. So when I followed this up and entered my reg.no. (63 plate registered Jan 14) I am admonishingly told in red letters that this club is for 5 year old Toyotas only!

Is this a typical example of Toyota's (much feted) customer service, or is someone just bad at maths I wonder?

It's obviously a bug - report it to Toyota CS.

....and next time I try it works ok! Does someone at Toyota read this forum perhaps? 

Although I still get the annoying pop-ups inviting me to join...

14 hours ago, Duffryn said:

....and next time I try it works ok! Does someone at Toyota read this forum perhaps? 

Although I still get the annoying pop-ups inviting me to join...

If it’s working for you, am I right that in a few days time you should het a written response from Mr T????

Should receive a pack.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Should receive a pack.

Yup, they've emailed to confirm that's what will happen.

As I have over four years to go until my car qualifies for this offer, I have the horrors at having this seriously intrusive advert appearing so regularly, and occupying over half the screen area on my phone. 

I realise that some ads are necessary to support the site, but this is overkill. I think that I am probably going to have to investigate adblockers a lot more seriously

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ancient Nerd said:

As I have over four years to go until my car qualifies for this offer, I have the horrors at having this seriously intrusive advert appearing so regularly, and occupying over half the screen area on my phone. 

I realise that some ads are necessary to support the site, but this is overkill. I think that I am probably going to have to investigate adblockers a lot more seriously

Well I'm now a member of this 5+ group but still get this annoying pop-up every time click on this forum - and I've got Adblocker on too.

And the 'Welcome Pack' has (so far at least) consisted of a single sheet letter with a paper credit card sized sticker attached.

• Like 1

I agree with Ancient Nerd. The advert is very intrusive.

To get rid of the annoying popup you can block this URL with your favourite ad blocker:

www.toyotaownersclub.com/applications/easypopup/*
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, _dct_ said:

To get rid of the annoying popup you can block this URL with your favourite ad blocker:

Many thanks for that URL. I don't usually bother with blocking, but these ones are far too obtrusive. 

1 hour ago, _dct_ said:

Worked for me too thanks 👍

Copy and pasted the URL to block the pop up. Came up each time with error. I was signed into the forum. I wish it would work for me.

6 minutes ago, Chris Dance said:

Copy and pasted the URL to block the pop up. Came up each time with error. I was signed into the forum. I wish it would work for me.

do you have an adblocker on your phone/PC?

Hi Scott, I do not have an ad blocker on phone or PC. Perhaps I need one. I do have POP UPS blocked in "my security" Microsoft Edge. 

22 hours ago, kithmo said:

Worked for me too thanks 👍

Forget my last comment, it's back ☹️ 👎

4 hours ago, Chris Dance said:

Hi Scott, I do not have an ad blocker on phone or PC. Perhaps I need one. I do have POP UPS blocked in "my security" Microsoft Edge. 

I run Opera on my PC, no problems with ads (it has inbuilt ad blocking) 🙂 .

Chrome on my phone (Android) & it does show ads on this & other sites. I have just downloaded the mobile version of Opera to see if that improves the mobile experience.

Sorry guys. advert should not appear now for those logged in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1